Chapter 1

As I lay in bed, contemplating whether I should get up or not, loud beeps resonated outside my bedroom door. "Go away, BB-8!"

"BEEP BEEEEP"

Ever since I came to the resistance base, this little white and orange droid has taken a liking to me. I have a feeling Poe has something to do with it.

"BEEEEEEEEEP"

"FINE," I yelled as I threw the warm, gray covers off of me and opened the door. BB-8 responded with gleeful wiggles as I glared at him.

"Hey, Jane!" shouted Poe as he walked towards BB-8 and I.

Poe Dameron lived in the room next to mine. I'm guessing Leia wanted someone to keep an eye on me. I should probably explain a little bit.

I've known Leia and Han my entire life. We lived in the same village; right next door, actually. And when my parents weren't home (which, honestly, was all the time), i'd go to their house and play with Ben. Ben. He was my best friend, up until.. The whole Jedi killing thing. Anywho, Leia thought it would be much safer for me to stay with the resistance. After Ben- I mean - Kylo Ren killed Han, Leia has been... a little depressed and stressed out, so I agreed to stay here. It seems to make her feel better. She is like a mother to me.

"Hey, Poe. BB-8 woke me up again. You wouldn't have been responsible for this, would you?" I sarcastically asked him

"What? I had NOTHING to do with it!" he joked back, "Anywho, I got to get going. Leia wanted me to tell you that she wants to see you sometime today. And by sometime, I mean as soon as you can."

I nodded my head and made my way back into my room. After I changed into something a little more presentable than my pajamas, I slipped out the door and headed towards the main headquarters, assuming that Leia would be there. As I neared the entrance, I could hear Leia talking to someone.. A man. The voice wasn't very familiar to me. I knocked on the door and waited for Leia to invite me in. As I entered, Leia's face brightened. "Jane!"

She embraced me and then turned to the other man in the room. "Jane, this is my brother. Luke Skywalker. Luke, this is Jane."

His name rang in my head. The sudden realization of who I was standing in front of hit me like a ton of bricks, as I said, "You're Luke? The Jedi Master?"

He slightly chuckled, smiled, and said, "Yes, it is. And I'm assuming you're the Jane... who was Ben's friend?"

Hearing his name caused a shiver to run down my spine, but I ignored it as I whispered, "Y-yeah."

I could tell that Leia was affected by hearing her son's name, as well. She looked deep in thought until she suddenly was pulled out of it and said, "Well, Jane. I wanted to see you to ask you something. Actually, both of you." She said as she looked at Luke. "Now that Luke is here, and ready to help the resistance, I wanted to ask a favor from both of you. We should probably sit down and talk about this privately." she said as she eyed a couple of other resistance members in the room.

Leia led us to the resistance meeting room, which was where all the really major missions were discussed. Knowing where we were going made me realize how important and major this favor must be. We all sat down, and Luke and I looked at Leia expectantly.

"I know a lot of people think this is a lost cause, I honestly thought that at one point. But I need to try one more time. Just once more."

That was all she needed to say for Luke to understand and to say, "You want your son back."