Chapter 17

Jane's POV

Too much was said in the last two minutes. He always loved me... the thought made my heart soar. All the signs were there, but I was too blind to see them. But the next thing Ben said didn't sit well..

What does he mean by "that's why I turned to the darkside"?

I paced around the resistance trying to cool down, but it wasn't helping. I wanted to be mad at Ben, but another part of me was nagging to go back and ask what he meant.

"If I was the reason he turned.." I thought, "I'm the reason all those people died.."

My heart stopped. Nothing made sense anymore. I had to go back. As much as I didn't want to, I needed answers.

________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person POV

Jane marched towards her apartment, opened and slammed the door shut. She was fuming, unable to comprehend what had happened earlier.

Ben turned, making eye contact with the one woman he truly loved. "Jane.."

He stood up, cautiously walking toward her, "Let me explain what I meant."

She laughed, "Okay. Go ahead. Tell me why I'm the reason that you killed all those people; Why you abandoned your family; Why you abandoned me."

Angrily, he said, "Abandon you? That was the only way to be with you."

Jane stopped, confusion apparent on her face. Ben stepped closer, reaching for her hand, "Jedi are not allowed to have relationships. The only way to be with you was to join the dark side."

________________________________________________________________________________

Jane POV

"My grandfather.. he tried to take this path, as well." 

I lead him to the couch. We both sat down, still holding hands.

"His plan failed. My grandmother didn't agree with going to the dark side, and he lashed out. She was hurt, went into labor, and died. That's why I stopped having contact with you. I didn't want anything to happen to you. I thought if I turn to the dark side, and after I am more in control, I could go find you."

His brown eyes bore into mine, "I never got in control. I lost sight of myself. I now realize that that plan was wrong."

My brain tried to wrap around what he was saying to me, but one concept stood out.

I smiled, "You wanted to be with me?"

"Out of all the things I said, that's what you got from it?" Ben slid closer, taking my face into his hands, "I've wanted to spend every single second of my life with you since the day I met you."

His lips, less than a inch away from mine, I muttered, "Well, since we've known each other since we were babies... I don't think you could have made that decision at a such a young age-"

"Just shut up and kiss me."

Our breath mingled together, until I made the first move. We made contact, and within seconds I was on his lap. After a couple minutes of our affection, he hovered above me on the ground, holding his weight on his forearms. I brushed my hands into his hair, trying to catch my breath. After a few seconds, I noticed him staring at me. I looked up at him, and smiled. 

"You know I love you, right?" He asked

"Yea-"

"Like more than anything in the entire galaxy? More than I can even comprehend; like it scares me how much you mean to me."

We sat there, looking at each other, until I broke the silence.

"I feel the same way."

_______

Author's Note:

Hey! I don't really know how I feel about this chapter.. and sorry I stopped writing for a long while.. hopefully I'll get back into it.