Chapter 11

"Psst. Jane."

My eyes flew open to find Ben, hovering over me. "We need to leave."

I almost forgot our plan about leaving. "What do I need to wear? Everyone probably is looking out for me."

His eyes widened, "I didn't even think about that."

As we sat, planning out how to get me to the millennium falcon without others noticing. Slowly, a smile widened on his face. "I have an idea." 

________________________________________________________________________________

"How do you wear this thing?? It's so hot in here!"

I was currently wearing his Kylo Ren helmet. He was in a fit of laughter after hearing my voice mechanically altered by the helmet. I slapped his chest, "Shut up!"

"I-I'm sorry. I can't help it! Did you hear your voice?!"

"Will this actually work?"

Besides his helmet, I wore black pants, an alternative overcoat since his usual was longer than my legs, long sleeve shirt, gloves, and boots: all black. Thankfully, the boots made me taller, so I wasn't noticeably shorter than Ben.  

He smiled and rested his hands on my shoulders. "You look great."

He wore his regular everyday 'Kylo Ren' outfit, just without the helmet. "So, I'll go down the main corridor, board the millennium falcon, while you go a different way and meet me in the ship five minutes later?"

"Exactly. Since we're in two different places, no one will see both of us. They'll think it's just one Kylo Ren walking around."

I so hope this works.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ben was right. The plan worked and we boarded the millennium falcon safely. No stormtrooper questioned us obviously; who would question Kylo Ren? It felt a little weird acting like Kylo, but it worked.

As we flew away from the small, black planet, I asked, "So... where are we going?"

Sitting in the pilot's seat, where his father sat, he turned to me and smiled. "Home."

I reached out and held his hand. "Do you remember the last time we were in this ship?"

Ben chuckled, "How could I not?"

We were both 18, and Ben had just gotten home from training with Luke. I didn't know he was home; Ben wanted it to be surprise. "Jane?"

"Yes, Leia?"

I was helping Leia around the house, something I did everyday. "When you're done with that, could you just quickly go check on the falcon? I want to make sure Han didn't mess it up again. I swear I clean it and he immediately dirties it up. Either him or Chewie."

I nodded my head, "Of course; I'll go do that right now."

I stepped out of the home of the Solos' and began walking towards the ship, sitting in the back of their large, grassy clearing. While I headed there, I admired the purples and blues that shaped the night sky. The stars had just begun to pop out, and it reflected itself in the small river that swerved between our yards, separating my home from Ben's. When I approached the falcon, I headed up the entrance and walked around, observing. Looks clean.. 

I walked into the main area where the pilot and co-pilot chairs sat. I suddenly got overwhelmed, missing Ben. Tears threatened to spill when arms snaked their way around my waist. I jumped and turned my head, seeing Ben's head peak around mine. "Hey."

"BEN!"

I turned in his arms, and tightly wrapped mine around his neck. I couldn't hold the tears in, and I let them fall. "Gosh, I've missed you."

"I know. I've missed you, too."

I pulled back, excitedly, "What are you doing here?"

He brushed his thumb under my eye and said, "To see my best friend, of course. I have a surprise."

I gave him a suspicious look, "Ben Solo. What are you planning?"

"It's a secret. Let's go."

He guided my to the co-pilot seat and sat me down. He joined next to me, taking the pilot's spot. "Where are we going? Won't your dad kill you if you take this?"

As he prepared to lift off, he said, "I got my mom's permission. What she says goes."

He started flying, and from the closeness to the ground, I could tell we weren't leaving the planet. We flew a couple minutes over the forest until a clearing came up. He carefully landed, and helped me out of the falcon. The second we got out, I gasped. Right in front of us was a roaring fire, a couple of logs to sit on, and a stack of blankets and pillows. Most people would look at this and think, "Camping? You brought me camping?", but to me, this was paradise. 

"Please tell me we are sleeping under the stars."

"We are sleeping under-"

I will admit it, I did kind of tackle him. I held his torso and grinned as he groaned. "You're perfect. You know that right?"

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and chuckled. "Yeah, I'm pretty great."

We ended up talking for hours on end, like usual. Playing stupid games like 'would you rather'. 

"Would you rather... crash the millennial falcon with your dad on board... or shave Chewie's chest while he slept."

"Psh. I'll go with Chewie. I know he'd probably rip me to shreds, but at least I'd live."

"Wait... what would Chewie look like with no hair?"

We both grumbled, "Ewww.."

"Jane, I would not like to have nightmares tonight, so no, thank you."

We laughed as we moved from the fire to our makeshift beds. We faced each other, blankets up to our chins. I shivered, "D-dude... it-t's sooo c-cold!!!!"

He smiled as he said, "Come here."

"What-no-"

He pulled on my arms, forcing me into his bed. He took my blankets and set them on top of us both. "Better?"

Grumpily, I looked up at him. "Yeah... but how on earth are we both going to sleep on this tiny bed?"

He snaked his arm around my waist, pulling my body flush against his. He turned on his back, rolling me on my stomach, keeping me in place, "Comfortable?"

Part of my body laid on top of him; head resting on his chest. "Yeah, but are you comfor-"

"Perfectly comfortable."

I hugged his torso and glanced up at him; he looked down on me. We were only inches apart. "Goodnight, Jane." he breathed.

"Goodnight, Ben. Love you."

He smiled, brushing the hair out of my face, "Love you, too."

*Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and are enjoying the book so far!

Comment or vote! I'd really appreciate it!*