Chapter 16

"Ben?"

We both turned towards Leia, hearing her soft voice. Ben approached her, cautiously, "Hi, Mom."

They both embraced, Leia tearing up. "I've missed you so much, Ben."

He shakily said, "I-I've missed you, too. I'm s-so sorry.."

Leia pulled back a little; enough to look Ben in the face. "It's all in the past now, Ben."

She placed her hand on his face, "You're home now."

Leia looked around him, making eye contact with me. She pulled Ben over to me, then tugged me into a hug. "Thank you... for bringing back my son."

I tightened the hug, and glanced at Ben behind her. He smiled at me, adoration in his eyes. Leia pulled back, "Now..."

She stepped to the side and looked at us both. "Jane. You are in charge of Ben."

I giggled at the thought of babysitting Ben. I was pulled out of this thought when Ben laughed, "Shut up, Jane."

Leia lovingly looked between us, and continued, "Ben. Don't you dare do anything stupid."

He innocently put his hands up, "Hey.. you don't have to worry about me."

She started walking away, "Of course I do. You are my husband's son."

________________________________________________________________________________

Ben stood behind me, as I struggled to open the door to my little apartment within the Resistance. When I finally pushed the door open, we both rushed inside. "This.. is my apartment. And I guess it's now yours, as well."

Ben examined his new home, and then turned to me. "How long have you lived here?"

I stepped forward, "Since the whole Jedi killing thing."

He immediately looked down, guilty. I rushed forward, pulling his chin up, "Hey.. it's in the past. Forget about it."

He scoffed, "I can't just erase a memory like that.."

I smirked, "Maybe I can help with that.."

I stood on my toes, weaving my hand through hair, and I pressed my lips to his. He immediately reacted, and grasped my waist, holding me close. He pulled back, resting his forehead against mine, "That helps."

I chuckled, "Oh does it?"

"Oops, I'm remembering again." 

He pulled me in, eliminating the space between us again. The feeling of his lips on mine brought butterflies to my stomach. I caressed his face, and ended the kiss. "Awww, done already?"

I laughed, slapping his arm, "Shut up, Solo."

His lips hovered over mine, "Make me."

I pushed him back, "You set that up, didn't you? You knew I'd say that."

He pulled me closer, "You have been my best friend my entire life. I'd like to think I know you pretty well."

"Prove it."

"How?"

"I'll ask a question, and you have to guess what my answer is."

He smiled, "And what if I win?"

"I'll kiss you."

He immediately answered, "Deal. And if you win?"

"You can't kiss me for an entire day."

If I'm being honest, I didn't want that. But the look on his face made it all worth it. "That's cruel! I finally have you, and I can't-"

"Then I suggest you win." 

________________________________________________________________________________

We sat across from each other at my little kitchen table, and I begun our little game. "What's my favorite color?"

He raised his brow, "Really? Favorite color? Blue. Next."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Correct. Favorite animal?"

"Ewok."

"Favorite place?"

"The woods behind our houses."

"Favorite food?"

"Anything dessert related."

Geez... he really did know me well. I smirked, thinking of a new question.

"Childhood crush?"

"Ha, that kid who lived down the street.. His name was... Jayce. Next question."

"Wrong."

Surprised, he said, "Yes, it is. I asked you when we were young and you said Jayce."

I smiled, "I lied to you. I didn't want to tell you"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're lying."

I scoffed, "No, I'm not. Maybe you don't really know me as well as you thought you did!"

Ben smirked, tilting forward in his chair, "Then prove it. Who was your 'childhood crush'?"

I leaned forward, my face just inches away from his, "You were."

He smiled and stood, "Ha! You're lying! I didn't think you'd lie about one of your answers to win."

I stood, "Wait a minute! I'm not lying!"

Ben laughed, walking into the kitchen. "Oh, you're not? Tell me then," he spun around, "When?"

I walked towards him, "If I'm being honest... always."

He scrunched his forehead when he realized that I was being serious. "... I thought it was just me.."

"What?-"

He stepped forward, taking my head in his hands. He stared down into my eyes, searching for a reaction, "I've loved you... my entire life."

At first, I was shocked. It wasn't just me... Maybe it was just a brotherly love..

"I loved you so much," He leaned his head against mine, closing his eyes, "That's why I turned to the dark side."

I grabbed his wrists, yanking them off, "What!?"

He defensively put his hands up, "What a minute, Jane. Let me explain."

I stepped back, "So you're saying you killed all those Jedi... because of me."

"Jane-"

He couldn't finish his sentence, because I was already gone.