Getting Ready

" Ugh " Ash groaned as he laid down on his bed.

He glanced to his side, the alarm clock time read 5:34 am.

" No use going to bed now. " He muttered as he sat up and yawned.

He and Clayton stayed up late trying to figure out a way to take down Team Flare, although when I say he and Clayton, I really mean that he did most of the work while Pikachu and Clayton just devoured the rest of the ketchup they had in their mini fridge.

So Ash was able to come up with a lot of plans, but after he took away the one's that would most likely kill everyone or cause damage to the environment, he was left with only one option. Sadly this option was one that wouldn't be a 100% guarantee for success, but it was the only choice they had left, so they had to move forward with all the risks in mind.

Ash got up and walked to his window, it was dark out but the reflecting light of the descending moon was enough to give everything a thin outline. A ways out in the distance he was able to see small lights dancing around the trees in the forest.

" I see their up late working as well " Ash said.

He turned around and stretched his arms up in the air. He made his way over to his bag that laid at the end of his bed. After a few moments of looking through it, he got annoyed and just poured out all the contents onto the floor. Scanning across each object he finally came apon what he was searching for, a light blue handkerchief that had a pokeball at one of the corners and a dark shade of blue wrapped around the sides. He shoved it into his pocket and headed out the door, in the process stepping on the random objects that laid on the floor. ' I'll clean it up later ' he thought.

After going down a floor, he stopped in front of a door and knocked on it three time. He heard a faint groan followed by footsteps, a light from the inside the room glowed from underneath the door. The door slowly started to open.

" You do realize its 5:43 in the morning, right? " Serena said annoyed.

" Glad your still awake. " Ash smiled and walked into the room.

Serena closed the door behind him as he sat on top of her bed, she grabbed her bottle of water and brought it up to her lips. After a few seconds she finally asked.

" So what are you doing here exactly? " She sat down next to Ash on the bed.

" I have to talk to you about something. " He said and explained the situation and the plan he came up with. He said that he would tell the others later.

" I see..... " Serena said while deep in thought.

" We don't have much time to prepare though " Ash commented.

" I'm sure we can do it! " Serena cheered.

" Yeah! Even though the chance of everyone dying is greater... " He agreed and muttered the last part under his breath.

Time skip              1: 18 pm

After the group had finished their second round of battles they decided to go to a restaurant for a late lunch.  Once they finished giving the waitress their order, Ash thought it would be a good time to talk to the others.

" Hey Paul, how confident do you feel about your battling skills? " Ash questioned while resting his head on his hand.

" Why? You want a battle? " Paul asked, intrigued.

" Hey! What about me?! " Gary yelled, feeling left out.

" Meh " Ash mumbled and looked away.

" Don't ignore me!!!! " He whined.

The others couldn't help but laugh at their friends behavior,as well as the people who sat at the tables around them.

" And what about the rest of you? " Ash asked the others of the group.

" Can you even hear me?! " Gary cried.

" I'd say we've become pretty strong " Sawyer said, speaking for all of them.

" Good "He murmured.

" Based on what I've seen from our competition, we've got nothing to worry about " Bonnie cheered.

" I'M STILL HERE YOU KNOW! " Gary yelled in agony.

" What about your ability to control how much power you use in an attack? " Ash questioned, completely ignoring Gary's cries for attention.

" Hmm, guess that might need a little work. " Alain confessed.

" But why do you ask? " Trevor asked.

" Eh, just do me a favor and work on that, would ya? " Ash thought that having this at least half mastered would increase their chances of success.

" STOP IGNORING ME! " The brown haired idiot complained.

" Of course we'll work on it right away! " Clemont assured him.

" But why " Paul questioned, taking notice of how Ash was dodging the question.

" The reason is unimportant right now. "He replied.

" Well since your asking us this now and not before, when the competition started..... " Paul continued.

" Unimportant right now." Ash stated.

" BUT I'M IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW AND ALWAYS! " A voice out of nowhere yelled ( you can probably guess who it is ).

Ash looked at Serena for a little bit of help.

" Ash is right, for now you guys should focus on training and your battles. " Serena commented.

" I THINK WHAT SHE MEANS IS, YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON ME! " A voice yelled out.

Everyone nodded their head in agreement of what Serena said, except Paul.

" Keeping things from us isn't the best choice, Ashy boy " Paul snapped.

From instinct Ash kicked out his leg and hit Gary.

" OW! 1, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?! PAUL'S THE ONE WHO SAID IT! 2, OW! " Gary scolded.

Ash just shrugged his shoulders and replied with....

" Consider it my way of acknowledging you. "

Gary couldn't think of anyway to reply to that, so he just mumbled a few swears under his breath and held his leg that was in pain.

Ash could only smirk at seeing his friend at a loss of words.

The waitress brought their order and they all began to eat.

Hope you liked this chapter, thanks for reading!

Also I feel the need to ask if anyone else loves the song that's at the top. All the songs I leave at the top of every chapter are songs that I just absolutely love!