Do or Die

There sat rows of people. Aisle after isle, each bench filled to the brim. Faces followed my every move. My heart pumped more rapidly each second. The overwhelming urge to turn around and run came over me. But I couldn't, two men on each of my sides were practically carrying me off the ground and closer to the alter. It didn't matter how much I struggled. Suddenly I was thrown onto the ground. A pair of shiny dress shoes stood in front of me. I looked up, it was Jared. My eyes widened out of shock. A man grabbed me and stood me up. I brushed myself off. Jared took my hands.

"You ready?" Jared whispered to me. I stared down at the isle and all the people looking back at me.  I turned my head back to Jared. His eyes appeared kind and seductive as usual.

"Uh," I muttered making up my mind. I turned back at the aisle which was empty. I released my hands of Jared's grasp and began to bolt down the isle. Pink flower petals fell on me and around the room. The isle grew farther and farther away. The only sound I could hear was the echoing of my heart.

Then once I made it to the end of the isle, the two wooden double door slammed shut. I jiggled the handles of the doors. The petals stopped falling, instead rain replaced them. A shadow formed around me. I screamed louder to get someone's attention. The shadow keeps closer around me. I broke off the handle and swung open the door, but -

"Cece?" Shannon shook me.

"What?!" I woke up.

"I guess we passed out." He laughed. I had fallen asleep in his lap, while he slept slumped over on the couch.

"I'm guessing Jared and John are still in the studio?" I assumed as I took my head off of Shannon.

"Last time I heard they were screaming."

"Screaming, John doesn't scream?" I scratched my bed head.

"I never said it was John." He shrugged.

After a few moments of silence Shannon casually reached his hand over to mine. I batted my eyes at him but didn't move. He smiled at me then looked over toward the kitchen. He turned his head back to me and leaned in to my ear.

"It's three a.m." Shannon chuckled.

"Wonderful," I sighed.

"Do you know what that means?"

"It's the haunting hour?" I guessed.

"No, it's time for champagne." Shannon stood up from the couch. He walked over to the kitchen and popped an old bottle of champagne that was lying around in my cabinets. He grabbed two glassed then poured the bubbly. He confidently walked back over and handed me a glass. "I think some music needs to be on subject." Shannon cranked up the radio.

"What are you intending on doing Mr. Leto?" I asked as I took a sip of late night champagne.

"I'm intending, Ms. Mayer, to do the things Jared is missing out on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to him. "Dance with me." He demanded. I took a large swig of champagne before placing it on the fireplace mantle.

"As you wish," I gentle placed my hands around Shannon's neck. His hands wrapped around my waist. The song 'At Last' played on the radio. I blushed. "Tell me something, why must you and Jared.p be so competitive?"

"What are you implying?" Shannon glanced into my sleepy eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"Nope," Shannon briskly dipped me down. My long tresses lightly touched the floor. His pensive stare didn't waver. "It's not completion if you're winning."

"Oh you're cocky." I laughed as he swooped me up.

"Why, am I not?"

"I don't know what you're implying." I teased bringing him closer to me.

"You're a fascinating women." He loosed his grip around my waist. "You are the biggest tease that I know."

"No I'm not!" I playfully hit him.

"Oh, really?" He leaned in closer to me. "Can I kiss you?"

"What type of question is that?" I giggled.

"Let me kiss you again like that night." He stared into my eyes.

"Kiss me and I'll hit you."

"I'll take my chances." Shannon pulled my hips to his and touched my lips. His upper lip tenderly grasped onto mine. I slowly closed my eyes and listened in onto the music. Shannon's hands tightly wrapped around my back and glided up my spine.

Miraculously, scenes of the night flashed back to me instantly. Shannon shoving me up against the wall of his house kissing me in the most passionate way I've ever felt. We drank endless bottles of wine and packs of cigarettes. He told me I was his. Then, Jared carried me away. He never touched me that night. He didn't even kiss me. He only slept in the same bed as me because in his words I'd be "safe".

I opened my eyes and realized I was still in the middle of kissing Shannon. This all seemed a little unflattering to me. I slowly released from Shannon's lock. I watched him open his sweet hazel eyes. I let go of his hands.

"What's wrong?" Shannon whispered.

"Give me a second...I'll be right back."

I ran across the hallway in my stiletto heels. I reached for the knob to the studio. The lights were still on. John had seem to be gone. Jared sat at the sound board wearing his grey hoodie and blue jeans. He looked up at me confused. I slammed the door behind me.

"Celeste, awake so soon?" Jared stood.

"Shut up," I leaped into his arms and abrasively kissed him. He gave into me and wrapped his arms around me. He lifted me up from the floor. I quickly pushed him away to speak. "Trying to keep me safe?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He laughed leaning back to my lips.

"Next time we're in the same bed, at least kiss me." I lightly slapped his cheek and walked out of the room. Jared touched his red cheek and smirked before sitting back down in the chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I will never forget the moment." - Do or Die