Inside The Hospital

CHAPTER ONE:

INSIDE THE HOSPITAL

I gingerly stepped outside, scared to death. In horror movies, there is always something creepy in abandoned mental hospitals. I clung to the Doctor. We walked through this long hall, and I saw a crowbar on the floor. I picked it up.

"Why?" he asked.

"In case something attacks us." I replied.

I heard someone screaming in the distance. It was coming from this door at the end of the hall, with the number one etched into it. I kept my crowbar ready, as the Doctor held the door handle.

"3...2...1!"

At one, he forced the door open. We were greeted by this disgusting smell of rotten cabbages, soiled pants and dirty gym clothes. I held my nose closed, as a stinking cloud of fog enveloped us. I held his hand and gave it a squeeze. He squeezed it reassuringly. I saw another door at the end of the room with the number two clawed into it.

We did the same thing as we did last time, only this time, we were greeted by crying little girl, holding a teddy bear, her knee length white dress stained with dirt. She was sitting down on a chair, her feet strapped to it.

"Please...help me. He's coming, we don't have much time. Help me. He killed my brother."

she said while crying. My motherly instincts took over and I went to comfort her.

"What's your name dear?" I asked.

"A-Annabeth. Annabeth Chase."

"Well, don't cry Annabeth! We'll help you, don't worry!" the Doctor said.

He sonicked the straps on her feet and she jumped off, clutching her teddy bear. Suddenly, the entire room is filled with the same scent of the room before. I accidentally breathed in it. That's all I remember before blacking out.