Loved

Dan P.O.V.
I fumbled with my fingers as I sat in the waiting area. What would Macy think of me? What would she think of us? Was she nice? Was she rude? Am I good enough for a child? My thoughts were silenced as Miss Peregrine and a little girl walked down the stairs.

Phil P.O.V.
   My eyes widened as Miss Peregrine and the little girl walked over to Dan and I.
   "Hi, I'm Macy." The little girl shyly said. She was so adorable! Is she human? How is she so cute? She has curly brown hair and cute little freckles!
•Phil's Brain• - Calm down, Phil!
*Phil* - Okay. I'll calm down...JUST KIDDING! SHE'S SO CUTE I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF!
   I squealed before I picked Macy up in my arms and spun her around.
   "You're so adorable!" I screamed. She stared at me looking scared. She was probably freaked out. I suddenly came to the conclusion I don't do well with spinning around and dizziness. I fell down onto the floor with Macy on top of me. I thought she would be upset or freaked out by me, but she started giggling. Everyone started laughing too, including me.
   "You're silly!" Macy said while she giggled.
   "I'm sorry about that. I was just really excited to meet you. I'm Phil! I'm one of the guys looking to adopt you." I told her. She glanced up at Dan and her face suddenly darkened.
   "Oh hi I'm Dan. I'm sorry if I scared you. I have a resting sad emoji face. I think it's a condition." Dan said nervously. Macy nodded her head no.
   "It's not that. You just look like my Daddy when he was younger. The time he met Mommy." She explained sadly. Dan got down on his knees and hugged Macy softly.
   "I'm sorry Macy. I can't bring your other Daddy back but.." Dan stopped his speech and looked at Phil for approval. Phil nodded his head in agreement.
"Phil and I would like to adopt you. We would like to be your new Dads. We're good friends looking for a kid to care for and we both agree we want you. Would you like that?" Dan asked.
Macy looked around the orphanage lobby and then at Miss Peregrine. She looked then at Phil and I.
"I would like that very much." Macy said smiling.