My Nephew

Robert P.O.V.
I rolled my stuffed suitcase into the hallway, rubbing my free hand against the walls. I began shuffling down the stairs with my suitcase. Suddenly I felt a wrinkled hand on my shoulder.
   "Let me help you." My father said as he tried to grab my suitcase.
   "I'm fine," I responded. "I won't have you to help me in the United Kingdom." I mumbled.
   When I reached the bottom of the stairs I felt my parents gaze on me.
"Robert. We love you and-" My dad started to say but interrupted him.
"No, you don't know what love is. I know what love is because I grew up with a girl who knew what love was all about. And I'm going to see her when I go back to the United Kingdom." I explained. "What you are doing is not for love, it's for desire. Desire of something that's not for family, not for love." I finished as I took my suitcase and walked out the door without hearing another word. The taxi to take me to the airport was outside so I hopped right in and waved goodbye to my old home.
-At the airport-
"Flight 14! Flight 14 is boarding now." I heard on the loudspeaker. I shuffled out of my seat and got on line to board.
"Your parents are not with you?" A flight attendant asked.
"Nope. They're sending me off so they can go have fun cruising the world." I responded with a sad smirk.
When I sat down, I noticed I had the window seat.
"The skies are so blue." I thought to myself. The airplane started up after the rest of the passengers boarded and soared into the sky.
I scanned my eyes across the bright blue sky. Fluffy clouds seemed to form into mystical creatures and shapes.
   "This is going to be a long flight." I sighed.
-At the front of U.K. Airport-
   I shaded my eyes from the sun's rays as I looked around the parking lot for someone who could be Uncle Eddie. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a goofy freckled man.

 I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a goofy freckled man

   "Hey Robert! I'm your Uncle Eddie!" He smiled and wrapped me in a hug.
   "O-Oh..hello!" I greeted him, surprised by his gesture.
   "Haha! Sorry bud! I haven't seen you since you were a little tot. You probably don't remember." He said running his palm in my hair.
   "Yeah. I don't remember you that well." I admitted. He grabbed my luggage and launched the bag up on his shoulder and held my suitcase in his hand.
   "Well that's going to change! We're going to get to know eachother since well your parents..." He rolled his eyes. I couldn't stop the slight giggle fit I began to have.
   "I'm not very fond of their choice but it gave me a chance to have my nephew live with me so that's awesome!" He winked and threw my luggage in his car. We got into the car ourselves and Uncle Eddie started up the car.
   "I bet you're wondering," Uncle Eddie said. "Why I didn't take you in when your parents went missing." He finished.
   "A little bit." I shrugged. He sighed and looked at the stop light we were waiting to turn green.
   "Well I was shocked when your father and mother went missing. I didn't know how to react. I didn't feel like getting out of bed, didn't feel like eating much, I just drank and drank." He said and sniffed up some tears.
    "At the time you were with your grandma so I thought you didn't need me. But when they informed me that I could take you in after your grandma fell ill..well I wasn't deemed stable." He explained.
   "I was a mess, Robert. I'm sorry for that. I'm better now though. I want to keep care of you and get to know you unlike your father and mother." He said looking at me. I got lost in his trusting eyes. I sensed a sort of hope everything would be okay for me. We heard a loud honk behind us.
   "Oopsies! I better get moving!" Uncle Eddie said driving past the now green light. Once we were at a steady pace, my Uncle began talking again.
   "I hope you can forgive me, Robert. I made a mistake. I'm so sorry." Uncle Eddie apologized.
   "I forgive you Uncle Eddie." I smiled at him. His expression brightened with relief. 
   "But can you help me fix my mistake?" I asked wearily. Uncle Eddie raised his eyebrow.
   "What mistake?" Uncle Eddie asked. I fiddled with my fingers.
   "I let a good friend get away. I have the chance to be in their life again," I said as I was taking the party invitation out of my pocket. "And I don't want to ruin it." I sighed.
   "You won't. I have one question for you though about this friend." Uncle Eddie said, furrowing his eyebrows together.
   "What is it?" I asked. Uncle Eddie's serious expression turned into a smirk.
   "Do you like her?" Uncle Eddie asked with a empathize on the word like.
   "How did you know that-!" I gasped. "No! ...Maybe. I don't know! Just help me!" I stuttered grumpily.
   "Don't worry kiddo. You got this." Uncle Eddie smirked.