His Voice

Macy P.O.V.
It's been a week since I left my orphanage. I keep on debating on calling Robert. Whenever I start dialing my fingers move to just type in the numbers in order 1...2...3...what is happening to me? I feel like something is missing. Dan and Phil now know of my troubles. I heard them talking about how to contemplate it. Dan says they should leave it be. Phil says they should make me call Robert. They know I'm drowning. I feel like I can't escape this drowning. I'm trying to grasp my way up but a anchor is pulling me down. My helping hand is gone. My helping hand is mad. Will my helping hand ever forgive me? I will have to start at a new school soon. I will have to make new friends.
Oh the bright side, I have a bright pink room with silk purple and yellow bed sheets. My closet is filled with nice new clothes and toys. Jock is rolling around on my bed. I hear a faint conversation in the other room.
"Miss Peregrine?" I heard Dan say. I stumble to my door. I pretend to turn off all my other sense besides my hearing. I hear Miss Peregrine mumble something about Robert.
"Robert has not contacted us." Dan mumbled into the phone.
"He shouldn't be scared to call Macy. She misses him so much!" Dan sniffs and wiped his nose on his sleeve. His breath hitches at what Miss Peregrine says next.
"His parents? Canada? Oh my gosh!" Dan gasps. I can't take it anymore. I dash into the kitchen where Dan is.
"What has happened to Robert?" I asked frantically. Dan hands the phone to me. I hear Miss Peregrine's quiet breath.
"Oh Macy. Robert did want to contact you. He was frightened. He's a typical boy just as you a typical girl. You don't know how to deal with things like this properly. I'm sorry I didn't guide you correctly." Miss Peregrine apologized.
"It's okay Miss Peregrine!" I said into the phone.
"I need to tell you something. Yesterday, a call came in. I didn't believe it at first. I then saw them for myself. You know the story of Robert's parents I'm guessing. They're back, Macy. The brave souls were lost at sea and cooped up on an abandoned island. They finally got rescued. They took Robert back lovingly to Canada. Where they say they belong." Miss Peregrine explained. I dropped the phone. I would never be able to see Robert as much as I once did. We were miles apart. I hear Dan pick up the phone and write something down. He hangs up the phone and places his hand on my shoulder to turn me around.
"If you want to call him. This is his new number." Dan gives the phone and piece of paper to me. I sigh and dash to my room. I've never felt the need more to call Robert. I can't help but push the numbers in. Jock sits on my lap. I hear a voice.
"Hello?" Robert says. I hear his voice. It's him, it's really him.
"Robert, it's Macy. I miss you so much." I say.