xxiii. surrender

XXIII. SURRENDER

he had always thought you had him under your spell, addicted to you and all the little things you do, when in reality he was the one in control. he had you wrapped around his finger, falling faster and harder as time progressed, ever so slowly, killing you softly.

he was like a siren, luring you into the deep abyss of his being, luring you into your doom.
oh silly girl, but you fell for summer eyes and winter skin, how could you expect a storm? you should have.

he can make dirty words sound pretty with the sweetness of his tongue and you fell for each one.
you put your faith, hopes and dreams into his calloused hands – the same ones that made you melt everytime they touched you, igniting a fire inside of you and burning you away – and he turned them into fists, protecting all that you had trusted upon him.
no matter all the things hidden behind his soft, delicate exterior, you could still believe in him and you let him and his love consume you.

oh silly girl, it felt good, didn't it? the way the flames of your love turned into embers and burned your every edge, slowly and blissfully; the way you had each other wrapped around your fingers and danced together like shadows under the moonlight; and the way you led each other to your own damnations, but you did it fearlessly and without any second thoughts.

you jumped right into love – the deepest and darkest abyss of any ocean –, you played with fire and you lost yourself, all in him.

and when they ask you why you did it?
— it was all for love.

-- ( for ) the girl who devoted herself to the boy who acted like summer and felt like rain.
( and strangely, he did the same to her )