Chapter 8: Legal

Ronny's POV

Today, is my day. A nigga finally 18! Most of the day was already planned. First thing, me and Candy are going to Granny's. Then, I had a game at 3. After that, I'd have a few hours of downtime with my baby before my party.

I've been passing out flyers all week and was expecting a nice turn out. Not too many, but more than enough to make sure it got hot.

I was bout to put some clothes on before going get Candy, but somebody knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Nobody responded.

I peeped out the peep hole where my view was being blocked by a Nike gym bag.

"Hurry up and open the door, my arms can't take it." I heard.

I opened the door and Candy threw the bag in my arms, came in and fell on the couch.

"Damn, what's in here?"

"Open it." She said.

I sat next to her and sat the bag on the floor. Candace got her phone and focused it on me. I unzipped it and pulled out Gatorade bottles and gummies, a Nike sweatshirt, shorts, shirts, some socks and slides.

"Thank you baby." I leaned over to kiss her, but she turned away and dug in her purse.

"Nuh-uh, one more." She pulled out a small black box and handed it to me.

I looked at her as she grinned ear to ear. I opened the box and seen a pair of earrings and a gold chain with a cross.

I took her phone laid on top of her. I made sure to flip the camera on us and planted wet ones all over her face.

"Eww, stop." She giggled. Then she grabbed my face and put her lips on mine. Our tongues seemed to be at war, which was a rare thing.

I was the first to pull away. "I love you."

"I love you more." She said, biting her lip.

"I love you the most, fathead." I stopped the video from recording and put her phone on the coffee table. "You can take the jewelry back."

"Why would I do that?"

"Cause it's too expensive."

"Do I count your coins?"

"Nah."

"Then don't count mine. I been working extra hard just so I could spoil you on your birthday."

"That's why I ain't been able to spend no time with you? What did I do to deserve you?" I asked with all seriousness in my voice.

"Not a damn thing. But it's alright." She laughed. She stared at me. "You grown now."

"I know, I can feel that shit too. Bones already aching."

"Old ass." She joked. "Go get yo stanky ass in the tub."

"Come get in with me." I winked.

She rolled her eyes and got up to put the Gatorade in my fridge.

I got my new gym bag and took it along with the clothes into my room.

Then I organized it for the game today. After that, I went to take my shower.

I got out, finished my hygiene routine and put on my basketball uniform with some slides.