Chapter 7: Sunday

Ronny's POV

I woke up and called Jon.

"Hello?" He answered.

"I hope you up. Church starts at 9."

"Yeah, we'll be there."

"Ight. See you."

We hung up and I got up and got ready. Once I got dressed, I went to pick up Candy.

When I got there, I actually got out the car. I knocked on the door and Mr. Baker answered the door.

"Hey Mr. B. You going to work?" I asked, looking down at his uniform.

"Yes sir, no days off." He sighed. "That job's gonna be the death of me. Excuse me son." He said, making his way out the door as I came in. "Make sure you pray for me."

"Will do, Mr. B."

He closed the door behind him and I ascended up the stairs quietly.

Candy's bedroom door was cracked. I peeped to see her smoothing out a navy blue dress that hugged her curves in all the right places in the mirror.

She was about to take it off and add it to the pile on her bed, until I waltzed in.

"Don't you dare take it off, sexy ass."

She jumped. "How'd you get in here?"

"The door." I joked.

"Hardy har har." She wrapped her arms around my neck and stood on her tippy toes.

My arms automatically wrapped around her waist and pulled her body closer to mine. Our lips met and I felt the sparks.

I grabbed her hand and turned her around. "I don't know baby, maybe you don't need to wear this dress. I'm tryna be a saint today, but you killing me."

She smiled. "You're so silly." She went into her closet and got her heels.

"You think going to church will help Jon?" I asked.

"I sure do hope so. If it gets him feeling better, I know I will too."

"You ain't lying.. you almost ready?"

She dug into her purse and put on some lipgloss. "Yeah."

We left after she grabbed her bible, locked the door and got in the car.

When we got to church, Jon Jon was already there. I parked next to his car to see him still sitting inside.

Candace and I got out, and so did he along with his sisters and brother.

I dapped him up. And he and Candy hugged.

"Aye, these are my little sisters Sierra and Jada. And this my little brother, Jontae."

I had met them a few times before, but this was Candy's introduction.

"Y'all know Ronny. This is Candace."

"You're pretty." Jada said.

Candace smiled. "So are you. You wanna go in and meet some of the other kids?"