Chapter One~

His feet slammed against the ground as he jumped from higher ground, he continued to run into the night, only the moonlight illuminating his path through the thick forestry.

He took in deep breaths, hot sweat was forming in beads on his forehead, occasionally dripping into his eye.

He frantically looked around for any place safe to rest, but there were just trees, damned trees.

He wanted to stop running, of course he did he's been at it for a long time, anyone would want to. But he wasn't a normal person. He had exceeded death and became a Shadow Knight. He was Zane fucking Ro'Maeve, nothing was going to stop him now.

Zane looked around again, desperate for any type of shelter. But even then he was doubting, that was until a soft lift came into his line of sight.

Zane turned his head and gasped when he saw a nice little cabin, a small vegetable garden out front, inviting light and a small mound of dirt with a cross at the head of it.

It looked like a place where an old couple would live, but even so Zane had to be careful in case it wasn't.

He ran to the back of the cabin, prying open on of the windows and climbing it. He took a quick look around. There was a two person bed in the far right corner with a small bedside table next to it. There seemed to be small sections separated from the supposed bedroom, like a kitchen and even a witchery room.

There was a nice dark green carpet on the floor that had small bits of dirt and other things to it.

Zane nodded, of he could find a place in here to hide he could easily make it until morning. He closed to turn the window but paused as he heard the front door open.

"Hey!" A male voice called from the door. Zane froze. "Tsk, you're one of those damned Shadow Knights.. Turn around." The man hissed.

Zane gulped and put a hand on the hilt of his sheathed sword, pulling it out as he spun around. He held the sword threateningly out in front of him.

There he saw a man, or whatever it was. It was more like a demon, white hair, gray skin, black horns and purple eyes. All seemed way too familiar to him. He held a large red and black sword out in front of him.

Zane felt a ball of fear form inside of him. "What the hell do you think you're doing here.." The man growled. "I mean no trouble." Zane said. "Yeah right.." The demon snarled as he turned into his human form.

Same white hair, tan skin and emerald green eyes that once brought warmth to Zane's cold heart. He recognized those eyes anywhere.

Zane gasped and dropped his sword, making a soft clatter as it hit the carpet. "What?" The man asked. "Y-You're.. Tr-Travis.." Zane muttered. "How the hell do you know my name?!" Travis asked. "Tr-Travis.. It's me, Zane.." Zane said, watching as Travis's expression dropped, along with the sword in his hand.