Chapter 1

Lily POV

I ran into my dormitory to grab my books for potions. I knew if I kept dragging my feet, I was going to be late for class. I knew Professor Slughorn wouldn't care if I was late, as I was one of his favourite students, but I still prefered to be early rather than late. I ran back down the stairs and through the common room, before slamming into someone's back when I couldn't slow down. The person staggered and almost fell over.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I didn't see you there! I was only rushing because-" I started, only stopping when I realised who it was that I ran into.

"It's alright, Evans," James Potter replied, a smile on his face. James Potter! Of all people, James Potter! There was a rumor going around in our year level, 6, that he had a major crush on me and that he kept asking me to Hogsmeade every chance he got, which was quite often. Of course, with my luck, those rumors were true.

"Well, I'd better get to class," I said quietly after a short, awkward silence, "and you should too, Potter, so you're not late! Although the teachers must be used to you being late to class by now, after 6 years of it."

"Usually, they don't mind. Will you wait for me while I get my books?" He asked quietly, blushing slightly. I was torn. I felt bad about saying no and not waiting for him, but I didn't want to be late for class.

James must have noticed my hesitation, because he looked crestfallen. "Oh, it's okay. I'll see you at class." He said, hanging his head slightly, and turning towards his dormitory. I had a small mental fight, and guilt won.

"Potter, it's okay! I'll stay." I told him, and immediately felt a bit better when his entire face light up in that mischievous smile of his. I still felt a bit of guilt that I would be late for class, but Slughorn wouldn't care. I sat on one of the couches by the fireplace and placed my books on a nearby table while he ran up the stairs to get his books.

James POV

I raced up the stairs, happy with my success in getting Lily to wait for me. Every small thing was a victory. Soon I would get her to say yes and come with me to Hogsmeade!

'No James, one small step at a time. The only reason you got her to wait for you is that you made her feel guilty.' I chided myself.

I grabbed my books for potions, only to realise I had forgotten my quill. I raced back to my trunk and pulled one out. It was a bit bent, but it would have to do. I raced back down the stairs, only to trip on the bottom stairs in my haste and fall flat on my face. I cursed my clumsiness and I heard Lily run over.

"Are you okay, James?" She asked me, worry evident in her voice. I could tell she was worried that I had hurt myself or something because she didn't call me 'Potter', as she usually did. I stood up and brushed off my clothes.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied as I picked up my books. Falling down the stairs, even just two or three of them, really hurt! Especially if you land on your books!

"We'd better get to class or we'll be really late!" I said, as Lily turn towards me with a surprised look, then looked forward as we exited the portrait hole. She had a small smile on her face, one that clearly read, 'Maybe arrogant fools like James really can change.'

I hoped she believed that, and that it was true.

Hi everyone! My name is Victoria, and I am Satan_Spawn_Angel, and this is my story! It's my first Jily story and only my second story ever on Wattpad, and I really want to know what everyone thinks of it! So please comment to tell me how I can improve and if you enjoy it! Thank you so much for reading!