Chapter 7

James POV

The day passed extremely slowly with no knowledge of how Lily was doing, and no Remus to help us do our work. I sighed as another one of Lily's friend's got up out of her seat and walked over to me. She stood in before me with her hands on her hips and a glare on her face.

"Where's Lily?" She asked angrily. Clearly none of the teachers had mentioned to them what had happened last night, which although was a pain in the butt, it was probably for the best. 

"I don't know!" I replied exasperatedly. Well, I did know where she was, but I wasn't going to say where it was and how she got there! "Well, you must! You were with her last night!" She exclaimed, annoyed. "You must know where she went afterwards. 

"Well, you're wrong, because I don't know. And maybe you should head over to your seat before Binns notices that you're not listening to his lecture." I said. She huffed and headed back to her seat, whispering to her friends. I caught a few words of their conversation, and none of them I liked. Some were 'James', or 'Liar', 'He knows', 'Lily'. Clearly, if I knew where Evans was, I had a reason for not telling them! The bell went and I threw my books and my quill into my bag, knocking my ink to the floor. I waved my wand and the broken bottle was fixed, ink replaced back inside. I sighed and placed it in my bag with my other supplies before heading to lunch. I dumped my stuff in my dorm and headed back into the Gryffindor Common Room. Lily's friends were huddled by the fireplace, looking around as they whispered to each other. I headed stealthily around and reached the portrait hole before any of them noticed I was there. 

"Hey Potter!" One of them called out. I flinched. "Sorry, gotta run!" I called over my shoulder as I rushed out of the Common Room and ran down a staircase. Turned left. Down a corridor. Entered a secret passageway behind a painting. Up another staircase. Turned right. Down a corridor. Turned left, and found myself at the doors of the Hospital Wing. I hesitated before heading in, turning to the right to see Remus. 

"How're you going?" I asked when I saw him reading a book. He looked up at me and glared. 

"Why didn't you tell me about Lily?" He asked angrily. I sighed, and a frown formed on my face. "I didn't really have much choice Remus. We were going to tell you once you had recovered some of your strength from last night, and your wounds had healed. Probably over the next few days. And how do you know about Lily?" 

"I heard groaning from down the end so I went to see if whoever it was was alright, and I saw Lily tossing and turning in her sleep, clearly in pain so I went to get Madam Pomfrey and asked what happened to her. She wouldn't tell me so I put two and two together and bam!" He explained, gesturing with his hands. I sighed again and walked over to Madam Pomfrey's office. 

"Can I see Lily?" I asked, and watched as she took a deep breath in to respond. "I'm responsible fore her being here, I just want to make sure she'll be alright." I interrupted. 

"Alright." She replied in an exasperated tone. She left her office and walked over to Lily's bed and pulled the curtain away to reveal a pale and slightly grey Lily. Her burning hair was plastered to her forehead and there was still blood on the mattress. Her clothes were torn and she looked in pain. It was killing me to see her like this and I was almost grateful when Madam Pomfrey pulled me away from the bed. I left after speaking to Remus for a bit and pulled out the Marauder's Map in order to avoid any of Lily's friends wishing to ask where she was. I headed around the school, meeting no one, and walked to the lake. I sat by the edge and lay down, beginning to relax for the first time in the day. 

Hey! I'm back! Lol, not really for long probably, but I thought it was time for me to write another chapter because someone added the story to their reading list the other day and it motivated me. I'm still going to have breaks in between chapters because I have places to be and stuff to do, but I've decided something. I'm going to try to update every time someone adds this story to their reading list or for the next chapter (Chapter 8) I get 10 more votes for this story. Thanks so much for reading you guys! BYEEEEE!!!