Chapter 9

LILY'S POV 

I sent Marlene off to get my book and I sank back down into the pillows, my head beginning to ache again. Madam Pomfrey had just left me some food, but I felt sick so I didn't touch it. I could hear her bustling around and she came back over and frowned. 

"You should eat something, you'll feel better." She pushed just before I turned and heaved the remains of my stomach over the side of the bed. I felt sweaty and clammy as I lay back against the pillows, Madam Pomfrey cleaning up my vomit. "Oh dear." She pushed my sweaty hair off of my face and felt for a fever. She hurried off and grabbed something to measure my temperature.

"That's not good." She muttered, reading my temperature. I felt my head spin as my vision became blotchy. I blinked rapidly as if I could just automatically clear my head, but it just made it worse. 

"Lily?" I heard a distant voice call, as if it were coming from the other side of a tunnel. "Lily!" I sighed as my vision went black and I drifted off into a world of dreams.

JAMES' POV

"Lily!" I dropped the book I'd taken from Marlene and tried to push past Madam Pomfrey to get to Lily but she kept me back. "But-"

"This isn't the time, Mr Potter!" She practically yelled, pushing me away. She turned Lily over and cursed as she saw the cuts turning red with infection. Lily had gone a sheet of ash as I was instructed to leave the hospital wing. I stood outside, lost. I felt my vision blur with tears as I turned and punched the wall. The pain shocked me back into reality as I shook my head and took another look at the doors.

"I can't do anything." I whispered to myself as I hung my head and walked away, shuffling my feet as I heard the bells of the curfew. Not that it mattered. I took my time as I blindly stumbled back to the common room. But my luck turned once more when I reached the last staircase to see Professor McGonagall standing there. 

"Professor!" I said, in shock of seeing someone else at this time of night. 

"Mr Potter, I need you to come with me." She ordered, turning and walking past me towards her office. I sighed and followed, too worn out to argue. 

Hiiiiiiiiii. Its been over two years I'd completely forgotten about this story. And upon reading it, I got to see how bad of a writer I was (and still am) but THATS OK cause I don't actually care. Honestly, I've given up on this story I just posted this chapter cause I found a bit of motivation and also because I see it as a bit of a meme because I honestly can't write. lmaooooo idek whats happening in this story anymore, hope someone else is able to work it out . Im also very tired so that doesn't help hahahhahahhahahahha anyways enjoy :)

xx