Chapter 4

James POV

I followed Lily, running through the corridors to the Gryffindor common room. Everyone else was rushing the opposite direction from us - their next classes. I continued after her until we reached the portrait hole.

"Caput Draconis," Lily mumbled, although it sounded more like 'Cabbage Dragon' through her tears.

"Sorry, Dearie, what was that again?" The Fat Lady asked her.

"Caput Draconis," I clarified, as the portrait swung open. "Thanks," I said, following Lily as she rushed to go to her dorm, face in her hands.

"Lily, wait!" I called, needing to talk to her. She continued running, ignoring me, until I stepped forward and grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Lily, are you okay?" I asked her quietly. She didn't look at me, just shook her head. I wrapped my arms around her. She just sank into me, so unlike the Lily I knew and loved. I felt her tears sinking through my shirt as we stood alone in the empty common room. I led her over to the couch and sat down, her leaning into me. She soon fell asleep.

*************************

"Lily. Lily." I said quietly, yet continuously, trying to wake her up before everyone else came into the common room, embarrassing her. She opened her eyes slightly, still in a sleepy state.
She was curled up on the couch, head on my lap. She then jerked her head up, opening her eyes, realising where she was.

Lily POV

I sat up, still delirious from sleep, and then realised where I was. I was sleeping on James Potter's lap! How did that happen?!

"What are you doing, Potter?!" I asked him, an appalled expression on my face.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair before replying, "You were crying, running from class, so I comforted you, and you fell asleep. I thought you would be less likely to kill me if I woke you up before everyone else finished classes and came in."

"Oh, right." I mumbled, memories from the past hour flooding my mind, "Uh, thanks, James."

"Sorry, I didn't catch that, what did you say?" He asked me. I glared at him. Surely he was saying that to annoy me. But I guess I couldn't stay mad at him. He helped me when I was sad about what Severus said, both times. Both times he commented on me being a Mudblood.

"Thank you, James." I repeated. A small smile found its way to his face, and was mirrored by one on my face.

"Hey, Lily?" He asked me, in a sort of nervous tone, matched with a nervous look on his face.

"Yeah, James?" I replied, curious about what he wanted to say.

"Do you want to go outside with me tonight? Just to sit and talk, maybe walk around?" He informed me. I thought for a moment.

"What would we talk about?" I asked.

"Stuff," He replied, which I sent a playful glare in return to. "Fine, just whatever we feel like talking about."

I smiled again, "Okay."

James POV

"Okay," Lily replied, a smile on her face. I could feel the relief flooding my features.

"Great! So I'll see you down here after dinner?" I asked, setting a time for our 'date'. Well, I was going to tell Sirius it was a date.

"Sounds good," She replied, before standing up and grabbing her books, which I had placed on a nearby table. She turned towards her dormitory, and turning back once more, smiled at me, her emerald green eyes shining. She walked up the stairs to her dormitory, and was soon out of sight.

I grabbed my books and went up to the boys dormitory, entering the room I shared with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. I dumped my books on the floor next to my bed and flopped down onto my bed. Not a minute later the door opened and in came Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

"Hey guys," I called. They dumped their stuff next to their beds before replying, except for Remus, that is. Remus put them in the correct spots on his bookshelf.

"Hey, James, where were you? Transfigurations was so boring!" Sirius exclaimed, throwing his hands around in significant gestures. I chuckled.

"I was with Evans," I informed him. It was so worth it to see the expressions on their faces. The room went silent.

"You were with Evans?" Remus asked. I nodded.

"Yep, I was with Evans. And I got a date!" I told them.

"You what?!" Sirius exclaimed, shocked. I started laughing again.

"Lily agreed to go on a date with me!" I repeated. They just stared at me.

"Okay, now that you are aware of that development, can we start planning the Halloween prank on the Slytherins?" I asked. Sirius laughed.

"Sure mate." He replied. And we got to our planning.

Lily POV

The door opened to present Alice Prewett and Marlene McKinnon, my two roommates. They looked up and noticed me.

"Lily, where were you in Transfiguration?! Professor McGonagall was teaching us about animagi! It was so cool!" Marlene exclaimed, excited about our new topic. Alice, not so much. I think she saw through my cover. Damnit.

"Lily, what's wrong?" She asked softly.

I sighed, "I had another argument with Severus."

"Oh, Lily!" Alice replied, rushing over to my bed to give me a hug. "How could he be so mean to you? I know you still sometimes consider him to be somewhat your friend but that is just mean!"

"Yeah, I don't know what I will do without Sev though, he was my best friend," I admitted, sadly.

"You can hang out with us!" Marlene suggested excitedly, "Unless you don't want to be our friend..." Marlene added cheekily.

"No, Marlene! Of course I want to be your friend!" I quickly replied. "But I thought I already was your friend..."

I looked at Marlene and Alice, and we all started laughing, but it just wasn't the same without Severus being my friend.

Okay, so that was a bit of a longer chapter, but I am working on it. I think the next few chapters will be a bit shorter, but I haven't finished them yet. Thank you guys so much for reading, and could you guys please do me a huge favor and comment your first name in the comments, or whatever name you wish to go by on Wattpad, if you don't want to use your real name, which is understandable, so that next chapter (whenever I come around to posting it and writing it) I can thank you each personally for reading! I will try to edit this whenever someone new comments their name, and I actually do mean it when I thank you guys! Or if I'm feeling lazy, I might just write your Wattpad account names. We will see what I am feeling like at the time. ☺️ It means a lot to me that people are actually reading my stories, so please don't kill me if I say once more, thank you so much everyone for reading!!!<3 (Btw, how funny is the picture I put up today! I haven't seen that one before! Anyway, bye!

~ Victoria :)