Chapter 8

Lily POV

I woke up, my head screaming in pain. I pressed a hand on my head to numb the pain when I realised that I wasn't my dorm. I gasped as I realised for the first time that I was in the hospital wing.

"Oh, good! You're awake!" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, rushing over. "Try not to move too much dearie, it'll only cause you pain." She bustled around the bed with some medical instruments of hers before pouring some mysterious blue liquid into a glass and held it up to my face. 

"Drink." She ordered, and I did. I instantly started to feel better and the pain in my head dulled to a calm river rather than a roaring waterfall. The pain in my back also started to fade away, although I hadn't really noticed that it was there because of how much it hurt. 

"Thanks." I sighed in relief. I slumped back into the pillows and tried to recall what had happened. I was never in the hospital wing! The last thing I remembered was... Oh my gods. I was outside. With James. And there was a werewolf. And a dog, and a stag, and a... rat. But there was a werewolf! It scratched me. That would explain the pain in my back. 

"How long have I been here?" I asked her in curiosity. 

"Around 12 hours, so not too long." She replied as if it was nothing.

"12 HOURS?!" I yelled, sitting upright. "WHAT?! I can't have been here for 12 hours! I'm going to miss classes!" 

"Miss Evans, calm down. Just lie down and rest. You won't be missing classes today, it's a Saturday." She explained and I sank back, embarrassed. 

"Oh. But I can't do the homework I already have! I'm going to get so far behind, and we have exams soon..." 

"Don't worry, you'll be able to do it as soon as you leave. I guess it would be useless for me to tell you to take it easy when I let you leave." I nodded and she sighed. "I'll have to keep you for today at least, and possibly tomorrow, depending how well your body heals internally. You'll most likely be back for classes tomorrow. For now, let's move you to another bed and fresh clothes so you're not pooled in blood." She suggested and help me move to the next bed over and change into a set of comfortable pyjamas. Marlene rushed in. 

"Madame Pomfrey, is Lily in here?" Marlene shouted. 

"Hush, Marlene. Yes, Lily is here but she needs rest." Madame Pomfrey said, hurrying out of the bed area.

"Marlene, can you bring me that book I was reading please? The one that's on top of my bed? and the one on top of the second stack from the right in my trunk?" I called from behind the curtains.

"Sure!" She yelled back and went running out of the hospital wing, shoes thudding on the floor. I sank back into my pillows, waiting for her return.