Chapter 3

James POV

Under Lily's careful instruction, we soon managed to create our Liquid Luck, and according to Professor Slughorn, we had done it correctly. Also, according to Professor Slughorn, we had done it in so little time , which I knew was thanks to Lily, we would be able to make a second batch!

"Oh, and Miss Evans, don't forget about our Slug Club party on Saturday night! And this time, be sure to bring a partner as there will be dancing!" Professor Slughorn told Lily giddily before he turned away to scold a student for creating his Liquid Luck wrong. Something about squishing a bean or something instead of cutting it.

I glanced at Lily. "I know someone you could take to the Slug Club party." I told her.

Lily didn't look up from her work, only raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, who were you thinking?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes, silently laughing that she hadn't gotten my hint.

"Me. I'm not doing anything on Saturday night so I could come." I suggested.

She laughed, "Maybe, Potter. We'll see." I figured that was better than a definite no.

Professor Slughorn stopped walking around and seeing how everyone was doing on the Felix Felicis, and asked everyone, "Has everyone almost finished creating their Liquid Luck?" Most people nodded, but Lily was shoving ingredients into the cauldron and stirring, hoping to finish before class ends.

"If you haven't finished by the time class ends, you may stay behind with your partner and finish." The Professor told us.

"Oh thank god," Lily muttered under her breath. While Lily was thanking him, I was cursing under my breath. I didn't want to stay after class! Sirius and I had to plan our prank on the Slytherins!

I walked out of the Potions classroom, Lily close beside me as we both clutched our two vials Liquid Luck and books. I saw Severus Snape coming our way and had no time to warn Lily before he arrived.

"Where were you today Lily? We could have worked together in Potions!" Severus said. I glanced at Lily, only to see her face contorted into a frown.

"Why would I work with you Severus? After what you said to me last year?!" Lily replied, growing angrier by the second.

"Come with me to the Slug party, Lily! We can be friends again like we were before all this trouble started!" Snape pleaded. Lily glared at him.

Without looking at me, Lily said, "I accept your previous offer to accompany me to the Slug Party, Potter." Snape's face fell and I saw Sirius grinning at me from nearby. Clearly he had been listening.

"I never meant to call you Mudblood, it just —" Snape started, only to be interrupted by Lily.

"Slipped out? It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends... You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine." Lily finished coldly, storming away from Severus, leaving me to follow her. I soon discovered the reason she left so quickly. The tears streaming down her face showed how distraught this conversation had caused her to become.

Hello to my lovely readers! I know that this chapter had no Lily POV, but I felt it was better through James' sight rather than Lily's. It was also kinda short, but it had a lot of content on how Lily feels about Snape. Please feel free to comment on what you thought about this chapter! I would really appreciate your thoughts on this story, positive and negative, as it will help me greatly with my writing; present and future. I am also either going to put the pictures at the top as some random pun I find (99% likely to be a Harry Potter one, unless it is absolutely hilarious), or, if not that, just a picture relating to the chapter. The pun I put today made me laugh so hard! 😂😂😂 Oh, and btw, thank you so much for reading! Also, could someone do me a favour and make me a new cover please! The one I have now was just one I used because I wanted one for the time being, but now that I have three chapters published, I kind of want an actual cover for the story. Thanks guys!

~ Victoria