Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Tragedy

“Eleanor! Jesus, you scared me!” Valorie put her hand over her heart in shock! “No, why would you think that? We were saying that sense Louis and I are such good friends, I had decided back then to take his middle name, and use it as Matthew’s.”

“Oh.” Eleanor didn’t know how to respond to that, so she just nodded. “Is Matthew here now?”

“Yes,” Valorie nodded as they switched spots in and outside of the elevator, “My mom won’t tell me, but there’s something wrong with my dad, and so they are sending Matt to me early.”

“Oh, I see. Well, I hope everything is well. Should I tell Louis?”

“No, it’s no use. He’ll know soon enough, but thanks Eleanor.” Valorie smiled lightly as the door to the elevator closed taking Liam and Valorie down to the main floor, so they could go pick up Matthew.

* * *

Louis rolled out of bed, searching for a pair of clean cotton pants to throw on. He finally found a pair of red, plaid ones and threw them on over his boxers. He walked into the living room and threw himself onto the couch.

He felt a pair of cold hands cover his eyes and couldn’t see anything, “Yes, Liam?”

He heard a grunt and in an almost-mainly voice, “it isn’t Liam. Guess who?”

He sat a while and smirked, “Valorie?”

The hands flew down from his face and he turned, hoping to find her beautiful face smiling back at him, but it was unfortunate.

“Valorie?” the voice cracked a little, “can I ask you something, Lou?” El sat down beside Louis on the couch.

“What is it, El?” he sat, trying to put his arm around hers.

She shrugged his arms off of her and sat facing him, “What happened between you and Valorie?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Because whatever it is that you two had, it isn’t gone. I can tell the way she looks at you. That’s why I just can’t stand her, it’s nothing that she did, and it’s just that she looks at you with such love. It’s so hard because I know there’s a story behind that love and that story always comes with secrets, and hidden smiles, and old memories.

“Lou, I can’t compete with that. And I know you look at her the same way. I tried to deny it at the restaurant, but I can’t deny it. Doing that will only hurt me and you and even her. I know it’s hard to believe, but I’ve been the girl that was in love with someone else, and I’ve had to watch him fall in love with someone else. I knew he still loved me, everyone did. But his parents couldn’t deal with me, being a model, so he couldn’t be with me. I can’t let someone else go through that pain.

“Louis William Tomlinson, I love you. And I know you may love me deep down there,” she sighed as a tear fell from her eyes and she pointed to his heart, “but you do not love me as much as you love her. And I am willing to accept that. I hope for us to be friends still, but I want you to love her with all her heart, because that’s the least bit she deserves.” She finished pouring her heart out to him, as her eyes streamed.

Louis sat there shocked from her whole confession, “Does this mean..” he kind of trailed off.

“Yes.” She nodded.

He wrapped her into a hug and held her tightly, “Eleanor, thank you. I’m really sorry and yes, we can of course be friends. I hope you find someone out there that loves you for all that you are and deserves you.”