Epilogue

Epilogue

“Say not in grief that she is no more but say in thankfulness that she was. A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come. When I received the call letting me know Savannah was gone, I felt as if a part of me was gone. I have literally spent every moment of my waking life with, or near Savannah. She is very much a sister as much as she is a best friend. I will always cherish the moments that we spent together, and love her family as much as I love my own. Thank you Savannah, for bringing out the best of me, and touching my family in ways that only a true friend, and loving family member could. I will always cherish what you have given me. I appreciate your friendship more than these simple words can express. A true friend sticks by you like family… You will be greatly missed.” Valorie stood up at the podium and finished her speech in front of everyone, friends and family, for Savannah.

“I am not only Savannah’s pastor, but her friend. I have known her since she was born and I am devastated to see her go so soon, but I will recite you all this poem written by James Whitcomb Riley called Away.

I cannot say and I will not say

That she is dead, she is just away.

With a cheery smile and a wave of hand

She has wandered into an unknown land;

And left us dreaming how very fair

Its needs must be, since she lingers there.

And you-oh you, who the wildest yearn

From the old-time step and the glad return-

Think of her faring on, as dear

In the love of there, as the love of here

Think of her still the same way, I say;

She is not dead, she is just away.” Tom, their childhood pastor finishes the funeral.

All the boys had flown to America for her funeral and everyone said their last goodbyes.

Louis was staying in America with Valorie and Matthew.

Zayn stayed in America to check out some colleges and to see Sami.

Sabrina and Niall were moving to Ireland.

Autumn was going to take the job opportunity and live in England.

Liam was just going to explore the world.

Everyone was finding their way.

Slowly, but surely.

The end.

_________________________________________________________