Clarity

Severus gave himself a few more minutes to pull himself together, a few more minutes to change facades. When he felt he had composed himself enough to face those three and all their questions he called for Shelby. He knew as soon as Shelby came to him they would leave the room she was keeping them locked in. Within seconds they all were before him looking at him like he had the answer to the meaning of life. "Remus! Grab us another bottle!" Severus laughed.

Lily stood there slack jawed for a moment before she started "Really! That's how this works? You leave us for hours doing Merlin knows what and you come home and get drunk telling us nothing!"

Severus started to answer her but before he could get a word out here came Shelby to save is ass. "Miss Lily, Master Snape gets fuzzy. Would Miss Lily like a drink? Shelby will fetch it for you. Shelby thinks it will help your nerves. Yes, Miss Lily should get fuzzy too." And off went the little elf. The entire room was rolling in laughter on the exception of Lily who didn't know if she should laugh or be mad. Shelby made quick work of fixing Lily a drink and handing it to her with a small smile.

Lily looked at the drink in her hand and laughed "Thank you Shelby."

"Master Snape do you need anything from Shelby?"

"No, Shelby my dear you have done more than enough today. Thank you. We should be fine until morning." Severus said half chuckling. A small pop later Shelby was gone.

"Snape, I fucking love your elf." Sirius said while plopping across a couch.

"She's one of a kind." Severus said as he raised his glass to Sirius.

Remus and Lily looked to each other at the strange yet friendly exchange but didn't say a word.

"I am fine. I was not injured. What I did while I was gone is between Dumbledore and myself until all of you are official members. It will continue to be that way. Please do not ask, any of you. Now, yes when I have to go do shit for him I come home and get "fuzzy". It helps. I plan to sit here get "fuzzy" take a shower and go to sleep. Is that acceptable to everyone?" Severus stated with a fuzzy smirk.

The trio look at each other with a disappointed frown but accepted it and had a few drinks. Severus did just as he said he would he got drunk, took a shower but soon realized there was a sleeping arrangement problem. The night before they had all slept where they fell but tonight they had to figure out where they belonged. There were only two beds in the guest house and the Manor wasn't safe. "Lily you take my bed, I'll take the guest bed tonight and we will alternate sleeping on the couches and bed. Is that ok with all of you?" a rather drunk Severus asked.

"No it is not. I will sleep with you and they can swap bed and couches!" Lily said sternly.

"Lily I really don't mind giving you my bed. You don't have to sleep with me because you feel sorry for me." Severus slurred.

Lily was pissed. She drew a deep breath and said, "I am not sleeping with you because I feel sorry for you! I am sleeping with you because I love you! I lost you for months, I just got you back and now I have to deal with you disappearing for hours on end not knowing if your coming back or not! I will sleep with you if I want to! Now take your drunk ass to bed! I will be in there shortly!"

Severus was stunned into silence. He simply nodded his head and walked to his room passing out as soon as he laid down. Lily sorted out Remus and Sirius with a coin toss. Remus won the bed. Lily rummaged around until she found an extra blanket in a closet. Sirius was situated and she felt like a mother to some very overgrown children. "This is why I'm here. They need to be taken care of." She mused to herself before walking into Severus's room. Dumbledore had forgotten to send their things so she just slept in her shirt. She climbed into bed with Severus who had his back facing her. She slithered her way across the king size bed so that there wasn't anything between them that didn't touch. She carefully placed her arm across his stomach holding him; she kissed his bare shoulder and whispered "I love you" then fell fast asleep.