Sitting At A Bar

Shelby was serving tea to her Master and Madame's guests that had been having a long conversation about the war and how her Master was a huge help to the good side. Shelby had returned to the kitchen when she got the call to the Manor, without a word she left in a small pop with no one noticing.

"Master Snape! Can Shelby help you? Are you hurt Master?" Shelby cried in fear.

"I do need you Shelby but no I am not hurt." Severus answered while scribbling on a small piece of parchment, he quickly finished the note and looked down at Shelby with a stern face "Albus is at the guest house is he not?" "Yes Master." "Does anyone know you left?" Severus asked.

"I do not think so, Master." Shelby answered.

"Shelby do exactly as I say, apparate into my bedroom at the guest house. Listen from the hallway and see if anyone has noticed your absence. If they have tell them mother called for you, if they haven't find a way to give this letter to Albus without anyone seeing you. When Albus leaves you stay and do not mention my return. Do you understand?" "Yes Master." "Shelby please do this as quickly as possible but do not mess up or alert anyone that I'm home."

"Yes Master" Shelby replied as she took the parchment and left for the guest house, while Severus headed toward the bar.

Shelby did exactly as she was told; she listened in the hallway for only a short while until she decided that she had not been missed. She entered the kitchen looking desperately for something to help her get the letter to Dumbledore without it being obvious; her eyes landed on a bowl of yellow candy. 'Yes, this will work.' She thought, placing the parchment in her open palm on her right hand that she had folded several more times to make it smaller and carefully picked up the bowl of lemon candy. Shelby approached her target quietly trying not to break up the conversation "Sir, would you like some candy? Shelby has heard this kind mixes well with tea." She said quietly constantly flicking her eyes between her right hand and Dumbledores eyes.

Dumbledore gave a knowing nod, moving his hand under her right hand while grabbing a piece of the lemon candy out of the bowl with the other. He felt the parchment fall into his hand and saw the smile spread across the little elf's face, he closed his fingers around the paper and winked at Shelby "Thank you, very much." Shelby smiled and walked away triumphant knowing she had yet again made Master proud. Dumbledore took a minute to excuse himself to the loo as a ruse to read what the elf had given him. He unfolded the parchment it was short but to the point.

Albus, I am at the Manor. Please come quickly.

Do not alert Lily to me being home. She will follow you.

SS

Dumbledore returned to the sitting room and informed the trio that he felt they were safe and he desperately needed to return to Hogwarts and should they need him for any reason to send Shelby, as she would be quicker and safer. The trio felt a little uneasy being left alone but bid Dumbledore a quick goodbye.

Dumbledore quickly arrived at the Manor knowing exactly where he would find Severus, he smiled as he spotted the young man sitting on a stool at the bar drinking a glass of whiskey and noticed another glass waiting on him probably filled with brandy. "Hello Severus." Dumbledore said as he glided into the room.

"Albus." Severus replied setting his glass down on the bar.

"I assume you have important news for me considering the measures your little elf took to make that parchment such a secret." Dumbledore questioned.

"I'm afraid I do. More than likely you will not take this news well, I would advise you to drink that first." Severus said gesturing to the waiting glass of brandy.