Chapter 17

Chapter 17

~Percy's POV~

Flashback~

Worthless. Gay shit. Faggot. Disgusting. Freak. Unnatural. I gasped, tears streaking down my face as I sobbed heavily, the words repeating in my head like a loop. I had to do this. Rid the world of one more defective human.

I wasn't right.

I wasn't good.

I wasn't worth it.

Crouching in the tiny bathroom, I pulled it out of my bag. It gleamed, polished edge catching the light as I tilted it slightly.

Setting the sharp blade against my skin, I repeated the words again. This time faster, this time out loud.

Chanting it.

I wasn't going to do this half way. Not self harm. No, I had to do this all the way.

As I pushed it in, gently at first, I twisted my arm onto it, making sure it was on the vein, I caught a glimpse of something behind me. It looked like a...a woman. Teeth bared in a gruesome smile, it reached eagerly towards me and I twisted around, looking for it.

There was nobody there.

I took a deep breath, continuing to chant. There was no way anyone would burst in on me. They were all having lessons. I was alone in this dump of a school bathroom.

Pushing the kitchen knife deeper, I choked as the pain grew worse. The cut sliced across my vein, as I deepened it.

I don't know how long it took. I alternated between crying out, groaning, and biting my lip till it was bloody. The blood just kept dripping, and I drove the blade deeper and deeper, pain flooding my head.

"Percy?" My head jerked up. Was someone calling my name?

A rap on the door confirmed it. But I wasn't done yet! "Y-yeah?"

"Percy! There's blood, what are you- NO! Percy, you idjit!" The flimsy door snaps open and I curse quietly, looking up at the face that peers in at me worriedly. It's Odair.
I gulp and scream mentally. Odair...

He's the one I've had a crush on ever since James. He's the one I thought would never bother to know me.

He's also my only friend.

We got to know each other through a project, and he was so warm, friendly, and funny, I couldn't help liking him even more.

And now he'd found me, in my lowest moment, kneeling on the grubby tiles in the school bathroom, blood pouring from my arm.

"Shit, Percy! What the f-" He hurriedly wrapped a paper towel around my arm, which was immediately soaked through with crimson liquid. Odair cursed again, before hiking me onto his back and running out of the classroom in panic. Somewhere between the fourth or fifth classroom I blacked out, Odair's face the last thing I saw.

I regained consciousness in the hospital, my mother sniffling by my side, and Odair on the other, looking pale and strained, gazing at me. The moment he saw my eyes open, he rushed forward, voice cracking a little as he handed me a glass of water. "Percy, you idiot, why the f-" He closed his eyes, rubbing his forehead in exasperation.

"Ugh, I've been so freaking worried-"

"Percy? Are you okay?" My mother hugged me, and for a second I felt warm and comforted, and secure. But then I tried to hug her back, and discovered my arm was too heavy. My left arm, to be specific. A glance was all I needed. There was no way that arm could be fixed.

It was gone. The limb lay heavy on the bed, numb and fuzzy feeling.

A tear spilt out of my eye as we all looked at it. I could see my mom in the corner of my eye, and Odair standing in front of me, looking back at me, and I sighed heavily. This wasn't what I'd meant to do.

Surprisingly, my mom seemed calm, ushering Odair out of the room politely, before turning to me and holding out a small flask.

"Drink, Percy." I nodded obediently, fumbling with the cap and chugging it down in a single gulp.

My tongue tingled. The smoothie was delicious. It tasted like... It tasted like my mom's brownies, and smelled like her even, but there was an undercurrent of something. Something amazing, something awesome-

Odair? I sniffed it again, yep, unmistakably Odair. Wow.

I finished the drink, looking up at my mom, who took the flask. My arm began to tingle, and for the second time that day, I lost consciousness.

A/N:

Hey bros!! :D

So yeah, this chapter's kinda confusing (or not) so I hope y'all understand it. Honestly, Chris is a kind of plot hole, don't worry, he won't appear in the actual story, I justly needed someone to save Percy. Also, in case you're wondering about the name, like, oh N, why Odair, it doesn't sound great

Or whatever, it's just that...

Okay yeah a bit weird I know, but I named him after this dude I kinda like idk man so yeah....

Cough.

Awkwarddddd....

So anyway yeah ok thx bai!

Love and virtual hugs,

~N