iwaizumi hajime•female reader (angst)

Witch's Curse

Oikawa and you were in pain. Both of you had taken the breakup horribly. While Oikawa had managed to power through it with logic, volleyball, and the support of his fan girls, you were left alone. It had been two months now, and nobody knew how to cheer you up.

You were the school's power couple.

Caught in the middle,was Iwaizumi Hajime. Friend to the both of you since you were in junior high. Now you could only call one of them by their given name. Your relationship with Oikawa had become more strained, however, it was the exact opposite when taking Iwaizumi Hajime into account.

Social exile followed the break up. While all of the girls were overjoyed that their beloved school idol was snow back on the market, they still didn't approve of you. How dare you breakup with Oikawa? You had, once upon a time, achieved every girl's dream.

The only person you could even hope to depend on now was Iwaizumi. He had always remained loyal to you, he gave you tips to his setter's heart back in middle school. He was the first person you told when you got together with Oikawa. Iwaizumi was the one you turned to for love advice,and the first one you came to when your relationship had ended. Now the three of you could no longer hang out like you used to.

All together, your eyes were hopelessly focused on your ex's lips. You couldn't concentrate, and you left as so soon as you could. So Iwaizumi took it upon himself to pull you back, to rehabilitate you.

He urged you on to not neglect yourself; to brush your hair and made sure your blouse was buttoned properly. He would walk you home late at night after volleyball practice, even though he lives in the other direction. He made you laugh, eventually smile. He lent you his ear, and you gave him your heart.

Movie nights spent throwing popcorn and ranting about Oikawa. Ugly crying over Skype until your mascara smeared and tears dribbled down your chin. He took care of you like a brother would. This was kindness you couldn't endure.

Slowly, surely, you fell in love with his strength and compassion. You swore you wouldn't, you promised not to. However, he was irresistibly stable. In your turbulent world, he was the only constant. It hurt so much more. This wasn't the stressful love hanging on a thread; this was agonizing, painful love. You fell so slow, you didn't even notice. You thought it was just friendship, but it was more. You forgot there was a boundary between friends and lovers; and you crossed it so many times. By the time you healed your heart, he opened a new wound without realizing.

The only thing worse than being heartbroken is being heartbroken while in love.

As fate would have it, you weren't the only one in love. Iwaizumi was also in deep. You could hear it in his breath as he sighed. His voice fluctuated it's pitch, his eyes were glazed-over. Hopelessly, caught in unrequited love as well. But it wasn't you. His eyes could only focus on one person, and it wasn't you.

You knew who it was, you always had known. How could you not? You couldn't question why he had fallen in love because you had been there before. Iwaizumi and you had once shared a common love interest, not each other, but Oikawa Tooru.

He was too kind to ignore you when you asked for help. When you pleaded because it was too painful, he rushed to your side. It hurt so much every time you lied to him, because he always believed you. You never told him tour feelings.

You grew up, got your own separate lives, and Iwaizumi got the man of his dreams. Every time you saw him, it stung, but gradually it becomes less painful with age. You never forgot what it was like to love both of them. But feelings changed, you fell in and out of love so many times, but these two were special.

One bewitched you, and broke your heart; the other enchanted you and mended it.
Tooru became your first 'old flame', the witch's spell.Hajime will forever be your first unrequited love, the witch's curse.

i didn't like this chapter as much as the first installment, but hopefully you guys liked it. much love, nutella.