tsukishima kei•yamaguichi tadashi (fluff)

Strawberries and Dreams

The love in the air didn't grow tepid, even in the chill of the February morning. The halls of school smelled of hormones, chocolate, as well as various strong perfumes. Yamaguchi couldn't help but be infected by the  hopeful presence of young love. He too, brought in sweets for the object of his affection. However, unlike the girls who were giddily laughing to each other, Yamaguchi was a boy. He had nobody to confide in. The speckled boy could only watch on as the others progressed in their romantic endeavors.

A gaggle of girls met in front of the classroom to lie in wait for a particular first-year

A gaggle of girls met in front of the classroom to lie in wait for a particular first-year. Tsukishima scoffed at the spectacle and pulled his headphones from around his neck. The squeals muffled into a more tolerable hum. Maybe if he tried hard enough, this would all disappear. He attempted to walk past the group without any conflict.

As fate would have it, the tallest of the girls, a second-year from the calligraphy club, tapped the blond's shoulder before he could enter the relative safety of the classroom. All three of the girls greeted him with pink and red paper packages and rosy smiles. With the claim of "obligation" they hurried off after depositing their creations.

Tsukishima may be a nerd who collects dinosaurs in his free time, but he definitely wasn't stupid. He could tell the homemade chocolates were full of feelings he didn't accept, and baseless infatuation.  Letting out a sigh as he entered the room, the boy internally wished the girls hadn't stuffed both his  arms and his desk with their valentines so selfishly.

He already had a valentine.

Yamaguchi worried

Yamaguchi worried. The more he worried, the worse it became. At first, it was only because he wanted to be the first to give Tsukishima a valentine. Then gym came and the pinch server couldn't find the time. All during lunch Tsukishima was evading the ever-watchful gaze of his female admirers. When self-study came along, he excused himself to go to the nurse's because he was afraid of Tsukishima noticing he was worked up, which would have made the boy worry more.

Now that volleyball practice was over and the pair was stopped at their usual parting place, he had run out of time. Panicking and sweating, Yamaguchi couldn't muster up the courage to confess to his best friend.  He only said 'Good night, Tsukki.' before heading down his street.

He blew his shot and lost his last opportunity to  give his gift. Hanging his head, he marched on.

"Hey." Tsukishima called, he hadn't budged from the fork in the road. "Aren't you forgetting something?" The pale boy had a fresh pink glow under the florescent streetlamp.

Yamaguchi turned around to see the megane offering up a small, store-bought package of sweets. "H-happy valentine's."

In that moment, the brunet's eyes lit up like a million stars. He clutched his own present to his chest and ran to his best friend and lover with tears filming over his eyes. "Ts-tsukki!"

-END-

ugh, so i really don't like this one (as usual). i just really felt like writing some tsukiyama on valentine's day but right now it is 22:24 so that is why this chapter is rushed. chances are that i will revise this whenever i have free time. maybe i can spruce it up a bit soon?

anyway, if you want another chapter before spring/april, then request. i would like to write what you want to read so just comment a paring/scenario and i will do my best.