Chapter 19 Perthena

Chapter 19: Goodbye

Mar's POV

I watched my dad leave. He ran. He actually ran away from me. I shut my eyes and let out a sob that I could no longer hold in.

"Mar." Mom whispered softly with hurt in her voice. I looked up at her and frowned as tears ran down my face.

"I'm sorry." I cried looking at her with hurt and apologetic eyes.

"Why did you do it Mar?" She asked looking at me with a soft gaze of love.

"He left us. I didn't want him to hurt you." I cried.

"Oh, Mar. Percy didn't leave us by choice." Thalia said kneeling beside me. I cried out more remembering the look of pain and hurt that was written on his face. I then remember the way he was forced to leave us.

"I'm sorry." I said with a shaky voice.

"It's okay. He'll forgive you." Artemis said kneeling beside me.

"I-is J-Jake here?" I asked with a stutter. My mom nodded. "Yes. We thought he was with you." She said. I shook my head and wiped away my tears.

"No. I haven't seen him." I said trying to calm down.

"I'll go get him." Thalia said and bolted off towards camp. I curled against my mom's chest and cried feeling the guilt eating me alive.

"Will he really forgive m-me?" I asked with a hiccup. All the girl nodded.

"I don't any other guy like Percy. I'm sure he'll forgive you." Artemis said rubbing my back.

A silence fell on us as I calmed down. All the hunters gave each other secret glanced as they sat around me. We waited for around ten minutes for Thalia to return with my brother.

I felt a cold gush of wind blow by which we found strange because it was summer.

We all looked up to see a big ship. A flying ship. The hunter's eyes widen as it flew over us.

I could see as it floated above the trees. It stopped moving not far from us.

"Mar." Thalia screamed. I stood up and looked towards the sound of her voice to see her running with my brother Jake at her side. He wore a hood over his head with a black mask covering his face. The cloak he was wearing made him look frightening. Just like Dads...If I'm still allow to call him that after what happened earlier.

"Mar." He said stopping in front of me. My lips quivered as I looked at my older brother.

"Jake." I cried out. He took off his mask to reveal eyes just like out dad's. A wave of guilt once again hit me full force I looked into his eyes.

He got down and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Shh." He said rubbing my back soothingly.

"I know what you did. Thalia told me. Dad will forgive you. But he left to complete a mission on a sector 7-246." He said. I was confused on the sector part, but didn't ask.

"What was his mission?" I asked with fear.

"It's classified." He said calmly. He didn't look worried. Which meant a good thing.

"But I'm sure that once he's back you'll able to talk to him." He said wiping away a tear. I didn't notice that was crying again.

"We need you Jake." A female voice rang through. I looked at Jake to see him look at his wrist watch.

"We have a meeting in ten minutes. It's important that you attend." The female said professionally. Jake placed his lips into a thin line and looked at me sadly.