"That's Marcus?!?"

You were walking towards Finn's treehouse to go make sure he was okay and just to hang out with the human. You looked up into the sky and spotted Marcus just coasting along in the sky glancing down at you and smiling. He offered to "walk" you there to guarantee your safety and because he was already heading out in that direction.

Once you reached the treehouse, Marcus swooped down and landed by your side. You smiled at him before knocking on the door. Jake answered it and called for Finn. "Finn! Y/N's here!"

Not a moment later, Finn came down the ladder and greeted you. "Hey, Y/N," he welcomed you. "Who's this?" He glanced at Marcus.

"Oh, I thought I introduced you two," you said. "Marcus this is Finn the Human, Finn this is Marcus. My boyfriend."

They shook hands and Marcus smiled. "Pleasure." Finn only nodded. Marcus pulled your hood down and kissed your cheek. "Have fun, love. I'll see you at home." He unfolded his wings and took a running start, leaping into the air. He waved to you before disappearing out of sight.

You waved back and made your way up the ladder, with Finn and Jake following you. Once you settled on the couch Finn shouted at the top of his lungs, "That's Marcus?!?"

You sat up and slouched over. "Yeah."

"Wha - how - why does he have wings!" He looked out the window.

"He's half fey, half demon. Those wings come from his demon side," you explained.

"That's neat. Anything else he can do? You know, from the fey side," Jake asked, trying to hide his awe.

"He can manipulate nature. Pull vines, grow forests, stuff like that," you sighed dreamily. "He's a really cool guy."

"Are you sure you can trust a half demon, Y/N?" Finn questioned.

"You trust Marceline," you countered.

"Yeah, but, Marceline has saved us multiple times and proved she can be trustworthy," Finn said.

You shrugged. "I guess Marcus has nothing to save me from because he already keeps me safe."

"Are you sure he's not keeping any," Finn got close to your face, "secrets from you, Y/N?"

"I'm pretty sure," you raised an eyebrow.

"Okay. And how has he treated you lately. Is he trying to control your actions by seducing you?"

"What the hell, Finn! No!"

"Okay... how about overprotective? Is he too obsessive about your well being?" Finn was now pacing and Jake had left a while ago to go see Lady.

"You just described yourself, Finn," you giggled. "Why are you so worried about me? I'm seventeen, I can handle myself. And Marcus is a great boyfriend, he would never try to manipulate or harm me," you stood up and cupped his neck kissing his forehead. "Don't stress over me, please."

He sighed and held your arms, still on his neck. "You're right, I trust you."

You smiled. "Thank you. Now lay down on the couch, I need to check on your flesh wound from yesterday."

He took his shirt off and layed down. You let your fingers roam his abs as you examined the scar. "Well, how is it?"

"It looks good; healed up rather nicely." He sat up and slouched. You sat next to him and held your head low. "You know, Marcus believes that you're taking advantage of me."

"What!" His head whipped to yours.

"Yeah. He said that I should start using me dark magic again for personal safety, so if anyone tries to mess with me, I can already have it flowing through me. He thinks that you're taking too many careless risks just so I can heal you and get back to it. " You looked Finn with a hopeless look. "Are you?"

Finn sat there speechless for a second, but then shook his head frantically and put his waved his hands in surrender. "No, no, no! I-I would never do that to you, Y/N! Why would I do that? Me? Never!" He said unconvincingly.

You frowned. "So you are," you bolted up from the couch and jumped down to the door, completely ditching the ladder. Finn rushed after you as you threw the door open. He grabbed your arm, forcing you to turn to him. "What?"

"Y/N, I didn't mean to do it, honest! I just wanted to have someone there to help me when I got hurt! I just wanted someone like you to touch me and heal me-"

You gasped cutting him off. "You sick bastard! You got hurt on purpose so I could run my hands on your body like a pervert! At first I thought that Marcus was overreacting, but I see now that he was right," you yanked out of his grasp. "He was right. People like you will use my power for evil; to take the upper hand and drain my strength. People like you will throw themselves in the line of danger, so that I can run my hands on them and save them from their idiocy. Marcus was right, I need to use restart my dark magic; because I need to defend myself from people like you."

You tugged your hood back on your head and ran out. "Y/N, wait! I was wrong! I've changed!" Your figure was out of sight and he sank down in the door frame. "I'm sorry," he whispered and cried in his hands. "Dammit!" He slammed the door and stormed upstairs.

You didn't turn back. You continued to run back to Marcus's as one thing played over and over in your mind;

Marcus was right...