"Breath"

Finn watched as your chest rose and fell extremely slowly. The heart moniter beeped in its monotone way which he found incredibly annoying. The Princess had told Finn that it would take a while for you to recover from an epic over drainage of magic. You saved a whole world that you were going to destroy. You had managed to gather the good still left in you and rescue your friends.

And for this, your heart beat slowly.

Finn didn't care that your heart beat was slow. He was just glad that you had a heart beat at all. Once you collapsed on the ground, he caught you almost instantly. Your hands were cold with raw power; you body slumped against his own; and the only thing you could do was breath.

Finn sat by your bed while PB ran the tests on you. He watched as she grew frustrated at the attempts to give you normal tests because... you weren't normal. No one knew what you are. Not even yourself.

But you could still breathe.

After Bonnie had finally managed to get some positive answers from your body, she let you rest while she went to check up on other wounded soldiers. Finn stayed by your side the whole time. He didn't dare budge from the left side of your bed. He was determined to see you wake.

A couple of hours passed and nothing from you. You stayed where you were, eyes shut and face emotionless. Your fingers would occasionally twitch but other than that you were still.

One thing's for sure... you still breathed.

Finn would brush the hair out of your face and smile at the minor cuts and scrapes on you because he knew you fought long and hard. Granted, you were fighting against his army, but you still gave it your all.

A few days passed and you could feel yourself acknowledging your conscience and you wanted to wake up. You felt Finn's hand squeeze your own and you saw a clear picture of his strong face, but you couldn't open your eyes. You were too tired; too weak; too lost in your mind.

Because all you could do was breathe.

Today is the day, you told yourself, today I'm going to wake up. So with all of your strength and with all of your might you pried your eyelids open to face the bright hospital lights before you.

You sat up and looked around with blurry eyes, trying to clear them. You guessed Finn had finally let himself take a mental break because he was nowhere to be found. You looked to your right and found an IV attached to your arm (Is that what they call it? An IV? Idk I've never been to the hospital. Except when I was born). You looked to your right and saw a clipboard with all of the negative and positive results that the Princess had collected from you.

You silently giggled at the medical exams she ran because half of this stuff didn't work on your body. Your body wasn't made to react to those kinds of things found in sunscreen, lotion, lip gloss, just to name a few. Those things couldn't get a reaction out of you.

You put the clipboard down and waited for someone to come back into the room. You stared at the door, lost in thought, until finally the one you've been waiting on opens it up.

Finn the Human.

He looked up and saw you and stopped in the doorway. You two stared into each other's eyes for the longest time until he engulfed you in a tight hug. You hugged back and giggled as tears flew down your cheeks and his as well.

You both pulled away and laughed at each other's faces. You two were both crying from missing each other so much. You didn't know you needed Finn so much until now.

You were glad you were still breathing.

"That breath you just took...
That's a gift."

-Rob Bell

Yo! So... I lied. In "I Will, F/N," I said that the story was coming close to its end. Ha... no... at the moment, I'm  nowhere near done and I still have ideas flowing out of my brain and into my phone. Anyways, just letting you know that you and Finn will get your happy ending. Just give me some more time. Alright, bye!

-SquishySmithIII