"I Will, F/N."

Be back soon, had to run an errand.
Love, Marcus~

That's what it read on the fridge. You shrugged and got some breakfast. You decided that you would relax until he got home and binged a few episodes from your favorite show.

Deep in Ice Kingdom

"My King, the Princess has started her training. I have tought her the basics and she has gained an excellent grasp on her powers," Marcus's voice barely rose above a whisper.

Your father lay on his deathbed in awful condition. His time was coming soon and when Marcus had found this out, he rushed to Emerald Mountain meeting point to visit him in his last moments.

"Good job, Marcus," he rasped. "You have honored me in the highest of ways. I trust you will follow through with our plan. Or die trying."

Marcus nodded. "Indeed, Sir."

The King chuckled as a wave of coughs over came him. "Marcus of the Fey, my time draws near. Before I go, I need you to know that these decades spent with you have been nothing but pure joy to me. You helped me through my hardest of times and proved to me that you were worth while. I couldn't have found a better heir to my throne; besides my daughter of course. And so Marcus, I entrust my kingdom to you." He slid his emerald and amethyst ring off of his finger and planted it in Marcus's hand. "Take it and lead with pride and dignity," he uttered. The King's eyes drooped shut and his breathing ceased.

Marcus let tears flow down his cheeks as he clutched the ring. Slipping it onto his right middle finger he buried his head in the bed sheets. "I will, F/N. I will."

Yeah, yeah, I know: short chapter. I promise the next one will be longer. This story is getting close to its end and it's gonna be one hell of a go. Just be patient while I write it up.

-SquishySmithIII