Chapter 13

"Yes. You...had an impact on me that day. One I could never understand until recently" he said. I watched him confused.
     He looked away almost nervous. "Spock?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder.
      "Serissa....i-". We were slammed into the hallway wall as the ship jolted. The alarms went off and everyone ran to their stations. Spock got up and helped me up. He grabbed my hand and sprinted to the bridge.
     "Shields up!" Kirk yelled sitting in his seat. Spock went to his station. I stood beside the captain worried.
      "Sir were getting a transmission but I can't distinguish the language!" uhura yelled.
     "Let me see" I ran over and she got up. I took her seat and placed the headset on. I turned the dial to try and get a better signal.
      "Surrender now"
     I froze. The con beeped. "We're being hailed" uhura said.
      "On screen" Kirk said. Uhura reached over and clicked the button. I stood quickly, throwing the headphones off my ears and watched as a man with long blond hair and green eyes appeared on screen. "This is captain James T. kirk of the starship enterprise. Who are you?"
      "I am Beinion" he said calmly. He looked more emotionless then spock.
     "Well Beinion, you have just declared war on the federation-" Beinion cut Jim off.
     "I do not care for the federation. My planet, Alatos, was  destroyed while you sat by and watched" he said in a calm voice although his eyes held fire.
      I moved foreword. "Your from alatos?" I asked in elvish. Now that I was closer I could see the designs on his skin better. His eyes darted to me and they widened.
     "Who are you?" He asked.
      "I am serissa mot't. I also hail from the planet alatos" I replied.
     "Mot't?" His eyes widened even more and his hand went to cover his mouth.
     I stared confused. I realized he never mentioned his last name. "What's your surname?" I asked in english.
     He dropped his hand and looked to me. "Mot't." Everything froze around me and my eyes widened. "It's good to see you.....sister"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "This is impossible. I can't be your sister. I was an only child before the planet was destroyed" I said pacing. Kirk, spock, McCoy and beinion watched.
      "I'm your half brother. Elves can live for thousands of years. Alila had an affair with a commoner elf. I was born a hundred years before you. My father was unfortunately killed in a raiding. Our grandmother took me in and had me train to be a guard. She didn't like me but still cared for me. I was accused of stealing a precious jewel and banished from alatos. I was allowed to return once to see my sister. Serissa Mot't, daughter or Alila and sav'en. A few years later I got word that the planet was destroyed. Of course I thought the worst and believed my entire family was dead. Until now." Beinion explained and pulled out a small box. He clicked it and a hologram of a ring came up. "I left this with my sister, so that she may always remember me"
     My eyes widened seeing the ring my mother gave me. I pulled the chain off my neck showing the locket my father gave me and the ring. I held it out to him. He examined it and smiled, speaking in elvish. "It really is you"
      He hugged me tight and I started to cry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Beinion agreed to stay on the enterprise for questioning. He had his men help with repairs as an apology. I spent most of my time with him asking about Alatos and what our grandparents were like.
     There was on thing that kept weighing on me. If elves could live for thousands of years....then I would out live spock.
     "What is it?" Beinion asked noticing my distant look.
     "What happens when an elf falls in love with, say, a human? Will they outlive the other?" I asked looking at the floor.
      "No" he said. I looked to him. "When you, as we say, mate with the one you love, your life span and theirs are tied. That doesn't mean if you died so will they. It means they will live as long as you will" he explained. I nodded softly. "Is there someone in mind?"
      "N-no" I stuttered.
    He chuckled. "Your not very good at lying" he said. "Who is it?"
     I sighed. "He's...the vulcan who was with us...."
      "Spock?" He looked to me and I looked away. I waited for a lecture or something that brothers usually do. "I approve" he said.
      "What?" I was shocked.
       "I can tell he's strong, and protective, by the way he looks at you" he said. I blushed and stood up.
     "I-i s-should get back to w-work" I said.
     "Don't let him slip away serissa" beinion said. I hesitated before continuing to med bay.