chapter one

•••

Cara's POV

It was typical Monday night, and I was painting my manicured nails with my favourite red nail paint. My phone was beside me in the bed with loud speaker on, I was talking to my best friend, Blake. We just had a random talk as usual about our day in the school.

I asked her, "Did you see the outfit of Olivia today? That was so cheap looking as if she had bought it from any kind of SALE."

She replied, "Yeah, I saw that. And did you see Regina, she was just showing off her new branded handbag. I guess that is fake."

"Yeah, I saw it." I answered and we both laughed.

Then she asked, "Did you do the homework of maths that Mr. Carroll had given?"

My jaw dropped into the floor when she reminded me of homework of mathematics. It was not that I didn't do homeworks. But hey, it was maths, one of the worst thing in the world ever.

"Do you know number of that nerd?" I asked Blake going through my contact list searching someone who would do my homework at this hour but unfortunately I couldn't find anyone.

"Yeah, I have because I'm his girlfriend. Actually, we talk everyday. I just got of the call from him before you called."

I could sense sarcasm in her answer.

"Oh god Cara ,why should I have such a loser's number?" She sounded upset.

Yeah, why should she have his number. She always believed in doing our job ourselves. No doubt she was one of the most sincere student in the school.

As I had some connections in the school I easily got the number of that nerd. And I don't really think that connection is necessary to describe here. When I finally got the number of nerd I hurriedly texted him thinking why to waste my time on that nerd.

Me: Hey you nerd, just do my homework of mathematics.

Him: Who are you and how did you get my number?

That was what I was expecting for. Everyone's reply would be same when some unknown person texts you at 11:56pm just to tell you do his/her homework.

Being the popular girl of the school, "You know me very well.The golden girl of the school, Cara." was my answer.

After some time my phone buzzed showing it was a text from same nerd.

Him: We should do our work ourselves you couch potato.

After that when I read his reply I got so angry that I couldn't stop my self from throwing my phone the floor. It was not a big deal for me cuz my parents were one of the top lawyers in USA. So, they could easily provide me next phone whenever I wanted. I was really in trouble now. For sure, I was going to get detention.

Next day in the school I went to that guy, whose name I think is Austin to confront. I got punished in front of whole class and not only that, Mr. Carroll also deducted my marks for not doing my assignment.

He was already in the class. He was alone so it might be dramaless. Personally, i hate dramas.

He looked so engrossed in his book.

"Hey!" I said knocking on his desk.

He looked at me and said, "Yes!"

"I asked you to do my homework and you refused to do it."

"So, like I said, you should do it yourself." He shrugged and focused on his book again, ignoring me.

I was not used to dealing with attitude of anyone. His attitude was getting on my nerve.