chapter nineteen

Cara's POV

I just freaked out when I heard that Austin was in hospital. He met with an accident in that isolated highway and luckily someone found him.

I quickly ran to the hospital. I asked the receptionist about Austin. She informed me that he was in ICU and he was critical.

Tears were flowing freely from my eyes. It was all my fault. I should not have let him go. I was such an idiot to let him leave in that condition. If something happens to Austin, I won't be able to live with guilt that I'm a killer.

Daniel and Blake were also here.
Blake had red and swollen eyes due to crying. I know she won't forgive me if she will know that the cause behind that accident was me.

Finally, a doctor came out of room and said that Austin was out of any kind of danger but he should not be given any kind of pressure or shock.

We all three of us entered. First Daniel, followed by Blake and then me.

"Hey bro!" Daniel greeted.

"Hey!" Austin greeted back.

"Hey!" Blake said and as a reply Austin said, "Hi!"

Then I greeted, "Hi!"

But he said nothing. He had a emotionless face. He had a bandage wrapped around his head. I thought he was angry with me. But it was not what I thought. It was something different. I realized it when he asked:
"Who are you?"

What? He doesn't remember me?
He must be joking.

"What are you saying, Austin?" I asked out of shock.

"Sorry! But I don't know you?"

"I.....I'm Cara!"

"Oh! Hi! Nice to meet you!"

Now that can't be happening. He can't forget me. He remembered Daniel and Blake. Then why just me.

"Austin, you......you said you liked me. Remember?"

"No. I have never ever dared to say that to any girl."

"You said you liked me!"

"I said no and please stay away from me."

I was already crying by that time. My lower lips were quivering and I was speechless. I had no words to say. So, I left. I left the hospital and went home.

***

I laid on my bed and tried to sleep but I couldn't. Austin's words were echoing on my mind.

Who are you?

How could he not remember me? Yeah I understand he had hurt his head but he remembered everyone except me. Wow! And he says he loves me.

If he doesn't remember me then maybe he will remember me when I'll spend time with him. Actually I read it in a book.

Slowly the door of my room creaked and Daniel and Blake entered my room.

"Hey muchkin!" Daniel said.

"Hi!" I said with a smile.

"I hope you're okay, right?"

"Yeah! I am." I replied as if I am really okay.

"But your eyes don't say that. It is filled of tears." He said tilting his head a bit.

"I am fine. You don't worry. I know he doesn't remember me and maybe it's okay. It's better for him. Atleast he won't be sad to not be with the girl he was in love with. Actually, yeah I am not fine. He forgot me but I, I still lov.............. remember him." I sighed.

"I am sorry sis. I was such a stupid to make you tell that to him."

"It's fine. I just want to sleep."

"Okay. Good night."

Daniel and Blake both hugged me and went. I hugged my blankets and thought of the moments that I spent with Austin. I know there was not anything special but for me it was. And now those memories are gonna be special for me forever.

***

Next morning, I was already in the school. I was in the door frame of the class I hate most. Maths. But I saw someone whom I didn't expect to see. Austin. I thought he was gonna be in hospital for weeks but he was here. No one was there in the class. I went sat beside him.

"Hey!"

I greeted. He didn't see me while entering the class as he was busy with his phone. As soon as he heard me, he quickly shoved hid phone into pocket. It was like as if he was in panic.

"Hi!"

He said with no emotions. Then, slowly students started to enter the class. Within a minute, the class was full. At last, Blake entered the class. She saw me sitting with Austin. She smiled and sat in the empty seat in front of her. And I think she meant it. The smile.

It was lunch. Me and Blake were in our usual place. Austin was sitting atleast eight tables away from our table. He was eating his food. Suddenly, he looked up from his food at my direction and we locked our gazes. Oh shoot! He may be thinking I'm a creepy stalker. I looked away and started to eat my food.

After lunch was literature. I sat in the bench which was at last row. Blake joined me after some seconds. After everyone has came teacher entered and started to teach us. Literature was not boring as math but it was boring.

After 1 hour which felt almost a year, the bell rang. Austin was first one to leave. I ran after him leaving Blake to arrange her books.

"AUSTIN!"

I called out.

"What?"

"I am sorry that I was ... uhh ...staring at you."

"Oh yeah. You looked like some stalker. Stop that and stay away from me."

It was easy for him to say that because he remembered nothing about us. The library, the carnival, the gym, the terrace. Nothing. But I.... I remember each and everything. Each and every moments, memories we made. As I said love is not made for me. Yes love is not made for me. I felt loved before but I am not loved now. Maybe in somedays he will find a  girl for himself who can sacrifice everything for him.....maybe Blake.....

°°°