chapter twelve

Cara's POV

I drived back home with anger flowing in my vein. I don't know if it was anger or anything else.

When I opened the door, mom was in the kitchen in her beautiful red gown with apron overlapping on it. She looked gorgeous.

"Sweety! You're back home." Mom asked.

"Yes but what is all this?"

"I thought you were gonna return home late so, I planned a dinner date with your father since we had not been able to spend quality time."

"Oh! Sorry for disturbance. But I'll leave."

"No it's fine. You can join us."

"No mom. I'm leaving. But the chicken nuggets look delicious."

"Want some?"

"Yes mom."

I went out grabbing some nugggets. I drove to my favouritr cafe. I ordered a caramel latte and some chocolate chip cookies. All I had in my mind was Daniel and Blake. Two of the most important people in my life. And now I'm all alone because they decided to ditch me. Till then my phone buzzed inside the pocket of my ripped jeans. It was a text from Daniel which said:

"Hey muchkin! We didn't mean to hurt you. All we wanted was you to be happy. No way you can live alone for your entire life. You need someone to hold you when you fall.

It's all your decision whether to forgive us or nah but no matter what we'll always be loving you."

As if he isn't there to catch me. As if he won't be there with me in my entire life.

Actually, maybe he is correct. He won't be there for me everytime. He also has a life. I typed a reply.

"I forgive you."

I had finished my latte and cookies. And I think I should join a gym because I'm loosing my shape. Maybe this summer break. Summer vacation is so near and I didn't even know.

I searched some gym in nearby place. I found one and I quickly filled the form for it. I decided to tell this to Blake tomorrow in the school. One more week in hell and we could be free.

I drove back home. Mom and dad were still having dinner. They were so happy with each other.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"You're back. Dinner?" Mom asked.

"Yes. Where's Daniel?"

"He isn't home yet."

I quietly had my dinner and went to my room. I was watching some videos when door creaked and Daniel peeked in. I felt déjá vu
when he came inside. Just the smile is missing from his face. He doesn't love Blake maybe. Maybe it was just a plan.

"Cara, I'm really sorry for what I did. But I hope you are still playing a cupid, right?"

I smile crept into my face. He loves Blake.

"Yes."

"Great. So tell me what are you upto this summer break."

"Gym."

"Gym?"

"Yes. Look I'm loosing my shape."

"As your wish. Good night. I'm sleepy."

"Good night."

I also slept because my eyes felt so heavy.

***

I woke up with alarm ringing in my phone. Mondays are the worst days of the week. I woke up took a shower and got dressed for school. I grabbed my peanut butter sandwich and left for school.

Periods went by and it was lunch. I informed Blake about gym and she also agreed to join the gym. Atleast I don't have to face that arrogant nerd in the vacation.

One week was over and it was first day of vacation. We had gym classes from 8 to 10 in the morning. Blake was already here waiting for me. I quickly change in a loose tank top and a capri with black sport shoes.

We made our way to our destination which was just 10 minutes of drive from our home. We were waiting for our trainer in the counter. We had same trainer as we requested for that and they agreed for that.

"Here he is. Your trainer." A lady in her late twenties sitting behind the counter said with a smile. I turned around to see the person and thank you so much god for neglecting my wish. I have to spend my whole vacation with a arrogant trainer.