Prologue

• Dedicated to To all my wonderful readers

A/N

This is the first completed book I have published. I couldn't think of who to dedicate it to until recently. But now I know who. Madison Mariah Short. Age fifteen. Her life was ended far too soon.

Today I attended the funeral for her, her brother, sister and parents. She was murdered. Her father killed his wife and kids and then himself. There was no reason for her life to end. She had a bright future ahead of her. This weej, she would have turned sixteen. But now she won't have that chance.

So Madison, I'm dedicating this to you. I wish I'd gotten to know you better. You were such an amazing person. It is a privilage to have known you and to have been your friend and I am honored to be able to call you my friend. I'll never forget you. You may not be walking this earth anymore, but you will always be my friend and live on in my memories and the memories of so many others who knew and loved you.

I'm not gonna say goodbye to you because someday, I'll see you again. So until we next meet, this book is for you.
-------------------------------------------------------

   "I Kale Rhodes, reject you, Emilee White, as my mate." The words rung in Emilee's ears as she felt the tears start to pool in her eyes. "There is no way in hell I will accept a loser as a mate!"

Emilee refused to let the tears spill as she ran into the woods behind the school and shifted into her pure white wolf. As she ran, something took over. Something other than her wolf. Emilee felt herself shift back, fully clothed for some unknown reason. Then her feet left the ground and Emilee gasped as she looked down at herself, dressed fully in black, wings spread out behind her.

Wings? What the hell? Emilee wondered as she looked at the wings that had sprouted from her back. She racked her mind for some sort of explanation.

'The Fallen Wolves are said to have died out almost two hundred years ago. They were a cross between Werewolves and Fallen Angels and held more power than any other Fallen Angel or Wolf alone.

The bloodline died out after the wolves and fallen lost the ability to mate with each other, but, according to a prophecy, a Fallen Wolf will return someday to save the Wolves. No one knows who this Fallen Wolf is but she or he is rumored to be the most powerful to ever exist. Reference pg. 92 for more info on the Last of the Fallen Wolves prophecy.'

Emilee didn't know why that particular passage from a book the pack library had popped into her head. She was simply Emilee, the ugly girl with blue eyes that were too big, too many freckles, blonde curls, and a hidden perfect body. Emilee's body had recently developed and her chest was now a 34D, her stomach flat, curves perfect, body toned. But she was still only 5"1' and the shortest in her grade. She was the ugly nerd. It was impossible for her to be the Last of the Fallen Wolves. She was weak and small, a nobody. She wasn't the most powerful creature to ever exist. It was impossible.

Then she looked behind her at the beautiful, jet-black feathered wings sprouting from her back and knew that unless there were others out there, she had to be the Last of The Fallen Wolves. There was no other possible explanation.