Chapter Nine

I know I have to tell him, but I'm scared. Sure, I'll start showing soon, probably any day now, especially since I have no idea what my father's ranking was or if being a Fallen Wolf can impact a pregnancy. Not to mention he has to know. I can't not let him know. He'll figure it out, my scent has already started to change and I've had to hide it. Not to mention the fact that I have pregnancy symptoms and he's not stupid. He'll figure it out sooner or later anyway, why not tell him?

   "Because you're chicken!" Angel says. I mentally glare at her.

   "You're me so ha!"

   "Um, Different time period, baby. I had a slightly different personality, you know. I mean, sure, I was a lot like you, same interests and all but not exactly the same and babe, I was so not chicken!"

   "Leave her alone, Angie! She's pregnant! Her hormones are raging and you don't want to be on her bad side right now. Never mess with a pregnant wolf," Rosie warns.

   I roll my eyes at the conversation as they continue to bicker in the back of my mind. I tune them out and go in search of some pickles. I really want pickles. I've always loved them but even more so now that I'm pregnant.

   "You're going to get even fatter if you keep eating like that. Kale was stupid not to reject you again. We all now I'm his real mate. You're just a slutty whore who must of drugged him or something. You're too fat and ugly for him to like," a high pitched voice says. I turn around and glare at Sandra, aka, the queen slut-bitch-whore of the back. With her bleach blonde hair, too long nails painted bright pink, and slutty pink halter top and short body skirt in the same shade of pink and way too much makeup, Sandra looks like your classic slut, not to mention the fake boobs and nose. I really hate her. She was awful to me growing up and clearly she still is the same bitch I remember.

   "Good to see you too, Sandra. Let me go get my sleep mask, your ugly face is burning my eyes!" I retort. She gasps.

   "Mark my words, bitch, you will regret ever returning! No, you'll regret ever being born!" she screeches. I roll my eyes. Bitch, you ain't got nothin' on me! I'm a fallen wolf, I'm stronger than you'll ever be, not to mention my mate is an alpha! So fuck off, biatch! I mentally think. Rosie and Angel laugh at that and give me mental high fives, or, in Rosie's case, high paw. Finally, after years of taking her abuse, I've finally stood up to Sandra, the girl hell bent on making my life miserable.

   I take a deep breath before knocking on his office door. This is it. The moment of truth. The moment that will change everything. I can't help but wonder if he will reject me once again and leave me to raise our baby alone. I hope not. I only just got him back, I don't want to lose him again. I don't think I would be able to survive that.

   "Come in," he calls out. I walk in, locking the door behind me.

   "Emilee? What's up? Is something wrong? Are you okay?" he questions, starting to panic at the look on my face.

   "I'm not sure, it all depends on your response, Kale," I reply.

   "What's going on?" he asks, walking over to me.

   I take another deep breath. "I'm pregnant, Kale."

   His face pales and he backs up a step. "P...Pregnant?"

   I nod, getting more and more worried by the second which can't be good for the baby. Suddenly, a huge grin breaks out on his handsome face. "So, I'm going to be a daddy?"

   I nod. Laughing, he scoops me up in his arms and spins me around a few times before putting me down. He looks worried, probably thinking he could have hurt the baby. Before he can say anything, I assure him we're both fine.

   "I can't believe we're having a baby. A year ago, I made the biggest mistake of my life and spent every day since regretting it. I just got you back and I thought I couldn't be any happier but I was wrong. You've made me even happier than I ever thought possible, my sweet Emilee. I can't wait to meet this baby. I love you both so much," he says, tears glistening in his eyes. I smile, my hormones out of control, tears leaking down my cheeks. He pulls me closer and kisses me passionately. I will never forget this moment. I've never been happier. I have my mate and a baby on the way. Life just doesn't get any better than this.

(A/N Okay, so I just want to thank everyone for all the votes, comments, and reads. It means so much to me that I finally got my first comment, proving that people actually are reading this book and liking it. For a while I wasn't so sure and because of that I doubted myself and hit a writers block. Now though, I have some new ideas. I know these chapters are short, but because of that, I'm trying to update more often. I'll try to make them longer in the future. Thanks for reading guys! I really do appreciate it! Don't forget to COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!!!!-----Love, Anya :D)