Chapter Ten

Everything is so perfect right now. I'm pregnant with my mate's baby, I have my friends and my mate, and I feel safe for the first time ever. I mean, I felt safe with my boys, but even more so now that I have Kale. And my baby. It's been a week since I found out. The baby should kick soon and I can find out the gender too, in fact, we are going to find out next week. I can't wait. I don't care what the sex is. I just want a healthy baby.

   Today is the day. The baby kicked for the first time two days ago. I can't wait. In the next five minutes, I'll know what I'm having.

   The doctor puts the cold gel on my stomach and rubs the ultrasound wand around my protruding stomach as I hold Kale's hand. The doctor, Dr. Smith, crinkles his eyebrows and I instantly worry. "What's wrong?"

   "Nothing. Just didn't expect this at all," he replies. Kale grips my hand tighter and I do the same.

   "What is it then? Is the baby okay?" Kale demands.

    "Oh yes, they're fine. Congratulations! You're having twins!" he tells us. I gasp and my eyes fill with tears. Two. Two babies. My world is complete. In a few short months, I'll have two little babies to love unconditionally, although I love them to pieces already.

   "Would you like to know the genders?" the doctor asks. We nod. "Well, the reason I didn't notice before is because your daughter is hiding behind your son and is much smaller too. She's perfectly healthy, just on the small side. She takes after her mother while your son takes after his father and is larger than average. Likely the alpha blood."

   A boy and a girl! It couldn't be more perfect than that. This little girl is going to have everyone wrapped around her finger and I bet the boy will be trouble like his father and protective of his sister. I can't wait to meet them.

   "Baby, we're having a boy and a girl!" Kale shouts excitedly as I wipe the gel off my belly. He bends on and kisses me passionately as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Are you excited? I can't wait to meet them!"

   "Me too. I couldn't be happier, Kale. I have you and my son and daughter and Jer and Damon. Life doesn't get any better than this," I say happily. And it's true. I've never been happier in my life and I don't think I ever will be. Well, I probably will be when I hold my babies for the first time, but right now, my heart is flooding with love and joy and I want this feeling to last forever.

Amarie POV

      I saw her again today. I'm glad she took him back, the fate of all wolves and fallen rest on their shoulders. She needs him to fulfill the prophecy. Soon she will know more. Angie my sweet sweet little Angie will guide her and tell her what is needed for her to know. She knows more than she thinks. Her memories will come back soon. The moon godess took them for a reason and she will give them back soon. I don't know when, but soon.

   I can't believe my baby is having two babies already. It seems like just yesterday I was sobbing, her in my arms as I said my goodbyes to her and left her with an old friend. But now she's having children of her own. I wish I could share this special time with her. But it could mess everything up if she learns too soon. These children play just as big a role in everything as she does. They too are a part of the prophecy.

   Amarie, be patient my child. Soon you can be with her. Soon, but not yet. I hear the moon godess speak in my head. I hate being patient. I've been patient for the last seventeen years, waiting for the moment I could meet my daughter in person again. But yet I still have to wait longer and it's driving me absolutely crazy. I don't want to wait. I want to be with my mate without constantly worrying about what will happen if anyone finds out about us. I want us to be with our little girl and her mate and children. I want my family back and I can't have that until the prophecy is fulfilled. All I want now is for this all to be over with so I can be reunited with my family. Is that really so much to ask for?