Good as Hell

Mon-El walked down the hall, adjusting the collar of his jersey around his neck. He suddenly saw the familiar dark curls of his best friend. He jogged around people and shoved her.

"Hey, Maggs." He smiled and she grinned up at him.

"What's up, Matthews?" she elbowed him, "Ready for the game tonight?"

"Of course," he smiled, "when's practice?"

"Right now, genius." She snorted, hopping down the stairs three at a time.

"By the way," he said, running after her, "have you seen Winn around? He wasn't in second period."

"No," Maggie frowned, turning as he jumped down the last five steps, "that's weird, Winn has never missed a class--"

"--In his life, I know." He said, straightening himself, "Do you think he's still worried about that guy Non?"

Maggie shrugged as they walked out of the stairs into the first floor corridor, "I got no clue."

Mon-El nodded, pausing for a moment, "You don't think he's actually going to try and beat up Winn, do you?"

"I got no clue, Matthews." Maggie shrugged again, noticing someone down the hall. She craned her neck and held back a smile. She put a hand on his shoulder, "Give me one sec, okay"

He nodded, "Yeah, sure."

She patted his arm a bit roughly and then walked down the corridor with a new saunter in her step. He came to his locker and watched her to see where she was off to in such a hurry.

Maggie walked down the hall to where Alex Danvers stood leaning against a locker, holding a heavy textbook and reading avidly. She had a short piece of brown hair loose from behind her ear, and she appeared to be completely lost in her text. He smiled, eyeing Maggie, and watching carefully as she walked up to the other girl and put her hand on the locker to her right, leaning against it.

Alex smiled down at her book, and then looked up at Maggie. He couldn't hear what she was saying, but he could see Alex's face, and she looked really happy to just be talking to Maggie.

Maggie turned on her heel and began to walk back towards Mon-El. He looked around her, and saw that Alex was watching her go.

"What?" Maggie said as she came and stood next to him.

"She's still looking at you." He said, smirking at her.

She rolled her eyes, "No, she's not."

"I'm looking at her." He said, "She's staring right at you."

"Shut up."

"She doesn't even care that I can see her," he smiled, "she's smiling at you."

"Shut up, Mon-El!" She hissed, back-handing his chest.

"Okay, she stopped looking." He said and Maggie brushed her hair off her forehead.

"Thank you." She sighed.

"What were you guys talking about?" He smiled, pulling some books out of his bag.

"Nothing." Maggie grinned, "I was just asking her if she was going to be at the game tonight."

"Oh, really?" He smirked and she rolled her eyes, unable to hide the smile.

"She helps her sister out with pictures for the school paper." Maggie said. She leaned against the locker next to his and sighed.

He glanced down at her and frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Maggie said, shaking her head and looking down.