Natray *Some Nights*

*No one's POV*
On some nights Natsu would sometimes awake in the middle of the night. He didn't know why, it was like when you wake up in the morning or in the afternoon, you just wake up. Your body just isn't tired anymore, or your body has pent up energy. Some your body just doesn't want to rest anymore or any longer...
But sometimes during the night or when you wake up, it's because something lulled you out of your slumber...
~Natsu's POV~
Judging from how limp and content/ relaxed Gray is, it's probably midnight again. But, this time it wasn't because my body was done resting, it was because of my dragonic instincts to protect. I immediately pulled Gray's cuddled up form even closer to my chest. Sometimes it was a good thing that he was smaller than I was, but not by much, about as tall as Lucy but still a little shorter. I pulled him close, and I pretended to still be asleep, because when Gray is disturbed from his 'beauty sleep' he's more horrific and terrifying then Erza Scarlet!!! It was hard and a demanding task to try to complete, when my instincts and my fire is licking it's way up to grasp the surface of my tan skin. That's when I realized the ruffling and shifting of someone or something, was getting closer and especially way too close to Gray! I don't care how scary Gray can be when awoken into the rest of the world, he will NOT be harmed.
"N-Natsu?.." I could tell that he has been awake for some time ago. His whispers where not even audible, well to anyone else, but since we are mates we both have heightened hearing so that if our mate is in trouble or you can locate them if they are not directly by your side. 
"You heard it too?.." I ask especially cautiously, because you never know how heightened or how good somebody's senses are.
"Yeah, that's why I was way closer to you than normal.---"
He carefully and cautiously glanced to the left corner of his eyes and they widened in recognition and realization.
"Gray, what is it?" I asked my voice a little shaky, with my self-control over my flames retreating, and it was resolving fast.
"It's under the covers?!" He almost spoke into an audible voice. He looked up at my face, he knew about my instincts so he knew that all hell was about to break loose especially when he slammed his eyes shut and squeezed them shut, just in case. He put his head back under my chin and got closer showing me that he was ready and prepared for the flames. I slowly sat up, leaving Gray in a curled up ball on top of the pulled down covers. I stopped, the flames coating my right fists wavered and flickered but nothing more. I just thought and realized: 'how and why couldn't I smell the person or thing under there?!'. I had enough of this bullshit, I pulled down the covers only to reveal...
"HAPPY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" At least we live without any neighbors around our house, because I was absolutely fusing and smoking with anger, I thought my Gray was in danger!!
"A-aye, I was cold and I usually cuddle up and lay down at the foot of the bed. It got freezing, since it's winter, and I didn't have a cover or anything to cover and to keep myself warm.." He's lucky I'm a nice guy, and forgive him.
"Aww, that's completely understandable!" I looked over at Gray who had spoken. He was holding and hugging Happy to, his surprisingly covered, chest after Happy had jumped into his lap.
He would be good with kids, well as their 'motherly' figure... But Happy is already like our child. I mused to myself, silently.
"But, don't crawl under the covers like that again." I snapped out of my thought and musings for now. Just to see Gray towering over Happy with a shadow covering the top half of his face, with a murderous facial expression and aura admitting on his face and into the air. And Happy with comically continuous streams of tears going down the sides of his blue, round face. He was also on his knees hands in prayer for a second then bowing to his towering figure, as if that would help soften the surely upcoming events that are to come in only a matter of seconds.
"But, you also ruined and disturbed my beauty sleep!!!" Even though Happy deserved it, or rather punishment, the wrath of an awoken Gray was a truly horrifying experience. You would never be the same as the healthy and 'not afraid of anything' happy-go-lucky to a shriveled up person, who looked like they have seen the most horrific and mind scarring thing known to man.
"Hold on, Happy, it'll be over in no time!" I inquired from the side lines as not to feel the wrath of my mate. He puts Erza to shame, even with how scary she can be.