Chapter 5

Driving home it ran across my mind that I had a date with Chuck. After leaving the club all I wanted was to head home and sleep but didn't want to stand him up. Got home went straight to the shower. After 15 minutes I got out wrapped myself in my bathroom robe. Walking to my closet scanning through clothes trying to find something fix for the occasion. I decided on a light pink two piece and some tan sandals. I placed my laced into a bun and did a natural look with my makeup. Looking at myself in the mirror I looked damn good but felt horrible. It was already 7 so I lefted out. Reaching to Los Ranches exactly at 8. I scan the room to find Chuck already seated. He stood as I approach him.
"looking good " he said I could see the lust in his eyes.
"U dont look too bad yourself " I joked. Wearing a polo button up with a matching cap and jeans over some timbs.
He pulled my chair out and I sat.
A waitresses walk out .
"Can I start you off something to drink"
"A lemonade be fine" chuck replied
"I'll have a coke with a lemon wedge please"
After writing on her notepad she walked away.
Chuck stared at me
"You are so beautiful "
"Thank u"
I could sense him getting nervous so I continued talking.
"So tell me a lil about yourself"
Chuck began to tell me that he recently moved to Miami from Chicago. It was not permanent just to get his business on the right path. He was a accountant and a very successfully one. His plans was to open another business located. I was amazed at how intelligent and sucessful he was yet looked some simple. I would had never image him going to college even less owning his own business.

We small talked and I told him a little about myself. Not mentioning the stripper part. I was too embarrassed. After dinner he walked me to my car. We said our goodbyes and I headed home.

The whole ride I replaying our conversation. He was nothing like the other guys I dealt with in the past. I was really considering us taking it further.

Chuck

As I pulled up to my hotel on Collins ave.
I couldnt get Kat off my mind. She was beautiful and smart with a little hint on vulnerability. She small talked about herself but I knew a little more about her.
My homeboy owned the club Cocos and I knew she danced there occasionally.

I wasn't judging her off her choice of employment. I worked a couple jobs I regretted while going through college. I admired that she was independent. I walked into my room turning on the tv. Then heading to the bathroom. A quick shower and tv was all on my mind.
After getting out and throwing on some joggers and a wife-beater. I got comfortable in the bed. My mind ran across Kat. Picking up my phone I saw I had a texted. It was Kat.

Kat

I thought long and hard even talked myself out of it. I finally grew enough balls to text chuck. It was something about him that ease my mind.

"Hey wyd" I texted while waiting for his reply I heard a knock at the door. I was confused I never have company. While walking to the door I heard Rod voice. I felt sick instantly. Still managing to open the door. Rod step in like always he was looking like lunch meat. I let him inside and he walked to my couch and sat.

" I spoke to a detective today everything is being handled but they need to speak to you"
"Why" I questioned.
"Just a precaution they already spoke to your friend nothing to be afraid of I will have my lawyer accompany you"
He spoke so calm I felt a lift of stress leave my shoulder. I smiled
"Ok what time"
"10 am but I already explained everything to him he will prep you on what to say once you are there"
I felt weak again. I hated the whole ordeal. Now the fact I had to lie to cover up for a rich white guy who didnt give a fuck about june.
"Ok" I said roughly
Rod stand to leave "remember 10 o clock might want to set your alarm" I didnt speak a word as I followed him to the door. I closed the door behind me and look down at my phone. Chuck had texted twice. It was already 10pm I decided to call it a night. I talk to him tomorrow.

Chuck

I looked down at the phone for the tenth time. She didnt respond I finally gave up and placed the phone on the nightstand. It was after 10pm and I had a meeting in the morning. Turning off the lights I went to sleep.