E I G H T E E N

E I G H T E E N
Demons' Hell

ADVENTURE HAD ALWAYS meant as a journey to me. It felt as a time to discover something new and find something absolutely enjoyable through the depths of the unknown. Or perhaps adventure could be deemed as a midnight drive around town or a trip to the local fast food chain.

And yet, this adventure wasn't like any other.

Sure, it may have the same beginnings; a thirst and wanderlust, curiosity for the unknown, a trip away with a best friend, and so on so forth. Yet, not every day do people go on an adventure down into the deepest pits of hell with the walls were so hot they were a burning red in color.

Beads of perspiration had already begun to drop down the sides of my face as I wiped them away, trudging towards the light with Minnie by my side. The howls had increased in volume, echoing through the tunnel before jail cells started to appear one by one.

The bars of metal seemed not affected by the heat for they stayed completely solid and gleaming, containing villains and evil beings of all sizes as they growled. A few had skin that matched the crimson color of the walls, a long and pointed tail extending from their behind as scars decorated their backs. Ironically, the scars were placed so strategically that it looked almost like angel wings that were torn violently away from the demon's flesh.

Luckily enough, the road had been wide enough so that we were never too close to the cells, and yet, I could feel fear beginning to tickle down my spine.

"Are you finally rethinking your decision of coming further in?" Minnie wondered out, offering me a pointed look when a demon hissed loudly, green acidic-looking venom spilling from its mouth.

I stared at it with wide eyes, subconsciously edging away from the bars and closer to Minnie before quickening my pace. "Regrets brought me this far in life. I've come to realize that life is best lived on the edge for death could be just around the corner."

"My, my, now that's a name I hadn't heard in quite some time." A low chuckle radiated down the lengthy corridor as my head snapped to face the sound of the voice. It was a new addition, the words of someone I had yet to meet but the tone was definitely furthest from inviting.

"Who's there?" Minnie asked into the dark. The inside of the cell was dimly lit, failing to show even the shadow of the prisoner it kept inside. However, the voice of the person speaking, that taunt and drawl, was enough to remind me of Dimitri's old tone a year ago.

That same sinister tone that held all the evil there could be in the world.

"My dear, you've ventured into my lair, and yet you dare question my identity?" The voice continued, almost in a mocking manner as I squinted into the dark. the figure had moved, and from where I stood, I could make out the faint outlines of neatly gelled-back hair and a tall physique built for a male model. "Mortals, these days."

"Who are you?" I could barely even breathe when a foot stepped out to near the bars, putting on a full-on display of the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on. His glistening white-blonde hair was slicked back into a neat quiff, aquamarine eyes shining brighter than a thousand stars in the night sky. He was a stark contrast to Dimitri, whom features I had already gotten used to, and yet the two shared an expression almost twin-like. That same mischievous curve of their lips, the same sinister glint in their bright eyes. The same heart-racing persona.

It didn't even take a genius to know that this man here was more trouble than the rest of the demons here combined.

"I've been known by many names over many lifetimes. Some people call me the angel of light, some call me the fallen one, some had dubbed me as the devil, so on so forth. But I've come to realize that I'm most used to one name, the very same that the almighty had gifted me upon my creation." He paused for a while, hands casually slouched on the horizontal bars of the checkered design before tilting his head slightly with a smirk that screamed 'EVIL!'. "Lucifer."