The Ties that Bind

I knew that I changed the timeline for sure when Caroline didn't end up in bed with Damon, but also when Elena didn't invite me to have dinner at her house with Stefan. Cannon Bonnie openly disliked Stefan, I just mocked and openly laughed at Stelena. Plus me and Elena weren't that close, she cared about my opinion but not as much as in cannon. 

As such, during the week I just minded my own bussiness. I did my spells, I took care of my garden, I went to school, I trained my body during Aikido practice, I ignored my grams and spent most of my free time with Caroline. Just ordinary life for me.

Tanner did get killed, not that anybody cared much. I did get a vision of it, like in canon, but really it's not like I didn't know about it already. 

"Bon are you ready?" Caroline asked, as she made herself welcome into my house. I was staying at my house now, since I was ignoring grams. Rudy was off to God knows where, so it was just me in this very large house. 

"Why do I have to go with you to this founder's ball thingy?" I asked annoyed, as she entered my room. "Can't you go stag?"

"No, I can't." She replied, rolling her eyes. "Elena has a date, I can't go alone. It would be humiliating." 

"Going with your best friend isn't humiliating enough?" I asked, as I finished brushing my hair. 

"Because of my dad most of the town's old ladies already think I'm bisexual anyway." She replied, sounding amused. "So going with a girl date won't be such a scandal." 

I rolled my eyes at her, but nodded anyway. I'm pretty sure that in canon she went with Damon, since I kind of ruined that I should at least keep her company. 

--

This whole thing was boring, thank God my ancestors weren't white little aristocratic assholes that made these things mandatory to every member of the family. I totally pitied Caroline for being forced to attend every single event in this town, not that she minded much.

Tyler was in the backyard with junky Vic, trying to hid her from his parents. Stelena was dancing and making eyes at each other. Jenna was ignoring that douche guy that's on tv a lot, Logan Fell or something. Caroline was trying to get drunk. Damon was around, searching the Bennett Talisman while munching on some innocent girls. I could see that Stefan was all antsy, which meant that even if he wasn't munching on Care dear old Damon would still get vervained and locked in the cellar. 

I knew exactly where I needed to be. So when Damon left the party with a teen on his arm, I followed Stefan. Things went like canon, except the girl wasn't Caroline. So when Stefan vervained Damon and took him away I was quick enough to grab the Talisman. 

I'm pretty sure that makes it 2-0 now. I was winning this race for the tomb. 

--

"Why do you force me into these things?" I groaned, as Caroline threw a bikini my way. 

"The Sexy Suds Car Wash Fundraiser must be a success Bon." The blonde replied. "You're hotter than my cheerleaders, I need you!"

"I hate you." I replied, sounding defeated, as I put on the damned bikini from hell.

--

The Tiki girl was annoying to hell, I almost did set her on fire but unfortunately she was the girl Damon had been feeding on the night before. So she would probably be the one to set him free, instead of Care, as I did see her eyes glaze over before she left. 

Elena had been talking to a old man, so I'm pretty sure the vampire cat was out of the bag by now.

Things were strange, but it seemed that the timeline found ways to maintain itself. This could be good, or bad, depending on the situation. Right now it was good, because it let me know what was going on. On the other hand, it might be troublesome in the future when I want to change something.