Vampires of the Caribbean

To say I was in a bad mood was to say that the sun rose in the east. Now I normally wasn't a happy-go-lucky kind of person, but today just wasn't my day.

 First of all, for some strange really I had woken up more than five times last night. For somebody else, this would just be insomnia or bad dreams, but I'm the kind of person that when I sleep I'm like the dead and nothing can bother me. So, to suddenly have my beauty sleep interrupted put me I an awful mood. If that wasn't bad enough, I ran out of coffee this morning. Today was hell on earth for sure. 

So when some dude popped out of nowhere with a million-dollar smile on his face asking me where the office was I just glared at him with all my might, silently telling him to get the fuck out of my face. 

Only after I had walked a few steps away from the guy did I recall that face of his. Wasn't that guy the teen warlock that worked for Elijah? One of the Martin witches? Mehh, probably. 

Let's see if he will try to get on my good graces again. Really? Trying to seduce me so that I tell you where the Bennett coven died? Though luck. 

-- 

Caroline called, asking me to go meet her and Peaches at the Grill but I was too tired and decided to try having a nap in the afternoon. Unfortunately, that didn't work either, I continued to wake up after just falling asleep. I was seriously starting to think somebody put a curse on me or something. After I checked, just in case, it appeared that I was curse free. 

Since I couldn't sleep I decided to drink a bunch of coffee and enjoy my free time. I went to the attic and decided to create a new spell. Actually, this was something I had wanted to do for some time now, but every time I taught of it something came up. Like the council, or the tomb or Katherine. 

When I was reincarnated or reborn or whatever the hell one can call being reborn in a fictional world, I had written down everything I could possibly remember in a pink diary with a Disney princess on the cover and a cute little lock shaped like a heart. The old diary had all my knowledge, not only about the world I now lived in but also every kind of magical knowledge I had learned from Gloria. Unfortunately, it had seen better days. It was now old and used, with few pages left to write and the heart-shaped lock wouldn't fend off well against thieves. 

It was time for a Grimoire upgrade. Except I was too lazy to actually go and copy everything down into a new book. Not to mention I didn't have the time. So I came up with a brilliant idea, my insomniac brain dosed with caffeine really was something else. I decided to create a spell to transfer knowledge. 

Thinking about it was easy, actually creating such a thing was hard. After spending five hours on it I finally had a breakthrough. The idea for the spell was to transfer written knowledge into another book. As such, I created a three-layered spell. The first part was absorption, the second part was reorganization and finally transference. 

After I had finally designed the whole spell, I was amazed at myself. This witch thing really works for me. Never mind that air and water binding ritual, this was the most advanced spell I had created to the date. 

 To put it simply the spell worked by grabbing a book and absorbing the information into my brain, then I could reorganize it as I like. For example, If I already knew something about the information I could complement it and make it more credible or even add mental images and then I could transfer that information into another book.

Every information that was absorbed would also remain in my mind, in a few minutes I could read a whole book. It was like a gigantic cheat code, goodbye actually having to study for exams, goodbye having to read hundreds of Grimoires, goodbye having to spend time remembering ancient Latin spells.