This Party is on Fire

The room was on fire, literally.

 I, myself, can't quite understand how that escalated so fast. The smoke making harder to see clearly, and harder to breathe. Humans were screaming around, trying to run out of the house.  At least the ones that weren't already dead on the floor.

"One hell of a date, am I right?" Kol asked from my right side, grinning like a maniac. His white shirt stained with blood, much like his lips. Kol Mikaelson was in his element- chaos, blood, and human screams. I had to admit it was quite the sight, and he still looked freakishly dashing. 

"I've had worse ones." I replied with a shrug while my eyes were screening the room for exits, starting at the vampire pirate would have to wait because I never really wanted to die by fire. 

"Does that mean you admit this is a date?" Kol asked turning to me quickly, his grin a bit more tender. I looked back at him without saying a word, I did just kind of admit that didn't I? Damn it, I hate losing. I'm just going to pretend I didn't say anything, I'm petty like that. 

"Oh, how about we get the heck out of the house on fire?" Caroline snapped, her hands on her hips like the Moma Bear she was. (Caroline was all for Kennett, but now wasn't the time!)

"I quite agree with blondie here." Enzo said, his face full of blood since he had been thirsty for decades and had a room full of the assholes who imprisoned him as a free buffet. He looked like a kid on a candy shop, well, the bloody version of that at least. 

"Indeed, our best plan would be to leave the house and hunt down the survivors." Elijah agreed, shrugging off ashes from his suit very regally. 

"There's no exit, everything is on bloody fire." Enzo said, checking the doors for escape routes.

"Good thing we have an ice witch to fight off the hot flames." Kol said, before turning slowly and dramatically towards me. Was I the only one that remembered that ice melted because of fire? 

"Fine." I said, rolling my eyes. Of course, I was getting our ass out of the flames. Town witch does the impossible again, why the fuck not? "This, however, doesn't mean this is a date." 

I turned to the closest door, which was burning quickly, and put my hand's ups. I closed my eyes and focused. I've never actually done this before, but there's a first for everything. Plus, I didn't feel like dying again and since I was with a bunch of vampires I was the one in more danger anyway. 

I focused on my heartbeat and started to freeze the water in the air. Breath in, breath out. It was hard as fuck, every time I froze the water it melted from the fire. As it continued to burn, the water in the air too would disappear and evaporate. 

"Come on Bonnie you got this." Caroline called out, always the cheerleader. 

"And do it quickly Maze." Enzo said, as he and Elijah kept on ripping hearts from the few Augustine assholes still alive.

"You're impossible witch, do the impossible." Kol said from close by, his voice almost whispered in my ear. 

I focused on the ice, on the cold. I remember the cold Decembers. The snowy days, ice cream on hot days. The cold seawater on my skin, my feet without socks on the stone-cold floor. Forgetting the hot flames around me in the room all I could feel and remember was the ice and the cold. 

I am Bonnie freaking Bennett, and in case anyone was doubting it, I am fucking epic.

With a scream I let out all the rage inside, some puny fire wasn't going to kill me.

---

2 days ago

After History class with Riklaus I decided to put my plan in action. Klaus was here, and tonight he would be terrorizing the dance like a typical big bad. Meanwhile, it was the perfect time to steal Kol's corpse, which I would then trade for Elijah's help in freeing Enzo. I hadn't forgotten him; I gave him a sliver of hope I couldn't not rescue him.