Chapter Twenty-Five

I don't remember falling asleep or even laying back. The next thing I remember is waking up curled up against Tony. He was still fast asleep under me, his chest raising and falling in deep, even intervals. His arm was draped over around my shoulder weakly, his fingers danced across my shoulder with every deep breath he took. His other arm was wrapped around my waist holding me against him tight. Sun light was pour in through the windows that lined the wall. I shifted slightly to look up at Tony. His mouth was parted slightly and his hair was thrown around his face in a mess of curls that fell in his face. I reached up to brush a few stray curls out off his forehead. He shifted slightly and took a deep breath. 

     "It's not nice to stare sweetheart," he smirked without opening his eyes. I pulled my hand back from his face, a violent blush spreading across my cheeks.

     "Did I wake you up?" I asked quietly. He shifted his body and finally opened his eyes to looked down at me. 

     "No, I've been awake for a while, I just didn't want to wake you, you seemed to finally be sleeping alright," he said bringing his hand up to run it though my hair, "Did you sleep well?" he asked.

     "After our midnight conversation, I slept perfect," I said with a smile. I leaned up and pressed my lips to his. He smiled into the kiss, pulling me against him tighter. There was a slight noise outside the door but we didn't pay much attention to it. Suddenly the door was flung open so hard that it slammed into the wall behind it. I screamed and pulled the blanket up to my nose. Tony's arm shot in front of me as the other reached for the gun on the side table. Thor stood just in the doorway, Steve just behind him. Natasha leaned against the door frame, arms crossed and a small smirk on her face. Clint stood across from her with a smile clear on his face. James, Sam, and Banner could be seen further back.

     "Don't they knock on Asgard! I almost shot you!" Tony fumed, dropping the gun back on the table.

     "We're sorry Tony, we tried to tell him," Steve trailed off, his face flushing. 

     "What is the matter, we have news," Thor questioned, looking back at Steve. A choked laugh escaped from a few of the heroes around him.

     "Because, they were-" Steve's face was bright red.

     "We were having a moment, what the fuck is so damn important?" Tony asked annoyed.

     "Fury's coming," Natasha piped up. My blood ran cold and I looked over at Tony. His jaw clenched and his eyes hardened.

     "How? He can't have sent the paper work in yet," Tony said shifting up further to sit upright.

     "He's just coming. Maria said he left two hours ago," Natasha said.

     "Two hours! And you're just now telling us!" Tony said.

     "We only just found out," Steve said. Tony groaned.

     "Get out," he demanded.

     "Excuse me?" Thor said.

     "Unless you wanna see my ass, you should get out," Tony said. They all made their way for the door quickly with that comment. Steve closed the door quickly after him. Tony pushed the blankets off himself quickly and made his way toward the closet. I pushed myself up carefully. 

     "Tony?" I called out after him. There was a chorus of ruffling that came from the closet. 

     "Yes darling?" he called back sounding distracted. 

     "What are we going to do?" I asked. Tony re-emurged from the closet carrying my suitcase. He had jeans pulled up his legs haphazardly, unbuttoned at the top, and hanging off his hips. He dropped the suitcase on the bed just below my feet and let out a deep breath. He looked up at me.