Chapter Forty-One

"Wait, back up. You and Banner did what?" Tony asked, his voice carefully concealing a false calm.

"Not now Tony. It's not important," I waved my hand absently at him.

"Uh, actually it's rather important," Tony interrupted. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So what, I held the stone. It's not the first time," I shrugged.

"Lucy-"

"Look, you two can fight it out later. I'd like to know what she has to say about what's been found out," Fury said, his impatience clear in his tight stance. Tony's jaw flexed but he didn't say anything else. All the heroes' attention was shifted back to me. The whole team was crowded into the space of Tony's lab. Bruce had been confused when I told him what the stone had shown me when I looked at him but it hadn't taken him long to catch on. He'd sent out an emergency alert to the rest of the team for a meeting. Luckily, everyone was still in Manhattan so there wasn't much of a wait before the whole team showed up.

"Yeah, what was so important that it required an emergency?" Steve asked. We'd caught him and Natasha on their way out for a mission so he was still in his captain uniform. He crossed his arms over his chest and shifted his weight.

"Well, Bruce was running tests on the stone and asked for my help," Tony shifted his weight uncomfortably. "And while I was holding it, it showed me these images."

"Again?" Clint asked.

"Well kinda, they were very different than the images it showed me in Greenland," I said.

"What were these ones?" Sam asked.

"These were images of different-seemingly random-things," I said, glancing down at the list I'd quickly written out so I didn't forget them.

"What do you mean?" Natasha asked quietly.

"Well the last time, the images were almost like a movie playing inside my head. But this time, it was more of a list of images flashing in front of my eyes. There were only four images that kept repeating that they really wanted me to remember," I said.

"And those were...?" Fury trailed off, slightly annoyed.

"Fire, the stone, the compass, and a green diamond," I said slowly. As I said each thing, I could see the images that had gone along with each that the stone had given me.

"A green diamond? Do those even exist?" Sam asked.

"Yes, but they're very expensive and extremely rare," Natasha said

"How expensive?" James asked.

".23 karats is about $49,600," Natasha said without any emotions.

"Luc, if you want an expensive diamond ring, all you have to do is ask," Tony said with a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not for me, Tony," I said, slightly annoyed.

"Isn't a green diamond kinda cliché," Clint said.

"It's nothing to do with the Hulk," Banner shifted behind me. "Do you know why green diamonds are green?" I asked. No one in the room answer so I continued, "They're green because natural radiation from nearby rocks trap electrons inside them and make them green. If I want to get rid of something caused by radiation, you have to use something with radiation," I explained. They were all silent for a long time.

"Do you think this could work?" Steve finally spoke up. I didn't have time to answer before Fury cut me off.

"Whether or not you believe that you can do it is irrelevant," Fury said. I turned to look over at Fury, confused.