Chapter Fifty-Six

(Tony Stark's Point of View)

     "Did anyone tell T'challa to expect us?" Steve asked the jet full of tension. No one answered him for a long time.

     "Well they'll know the moment we enter," Nat commented. I stood behind Clint and Nat as they steered the jet. Steve was somewhere behind me, along with Thor, Sam, Bucky, Peter, and Rhodey. Everyone was tight with apprehension and worry. My knees were locked and entirely sore but I didn't bother moving. Whether I stood or sat, I was still going to fell the same. I wouldn't calm down until Lucy was safe with me.

     "Aim down Barton. Like at those trees," Steve instructed, appearing next to me. I didn't look at him, still staring out the window.

     "Cap, are you sure?" Cling asked.

     "Positive," Steve assured. Clint hesitated a moment before steering the jet down toward the trees.

     "Cap," Rhodey said from behind me.

     "Don't worry so much," Bucky said. Anger flared up in my chest. How dare he! I tried to swallow my anger. He wasn't talking to me or about Lucy, only about the jet. The jet neared the trees. Tense energy flooded through the jet. The jet, instead of slamming into the trees, the trees just melted away into a multi-layer type of portal. Behind it was a sprawling city unlike any I'd ever seen. It was as beautiful as everyone said in such a unique way. But I was unable to appreciate it because of the vice over my heart.

     "Land right over there, in front of the palace," Steve motioned for a large platform. Clint and Nat brought the jet down with ease. Steve turned to head to the back, but he hesitated and looked at me, "Don't worry Stark. We'll find her," he assured. I looked over at him.

     "Yeah? But in what state?" I asked. He didn't say anything, just clenched his jaw and left. I couldn't help but think, last time she'd been taken from. I didn't get her back whole. Kalahan and the Raft broke her. She'd barely had time to smash all the pieces back together crudely. What would it be like this time? The hatch popped open, oppressive warmth bust in. By the time it was done moving, T'Challa was already halfway to us. Next to him was a woman much younger but with the same face. Behind them was an entourage of female guards in red, holding spears. The one directly behind him to his left was one I'd met, Okeye I think. She was his general. Steve was the first out of the jet, followed closely by Bucky and Sam. Clint and Nat passed by me, exiting with Thor and Peter. I couldn't seem to move.

     "Tony, come on. We have to get out," Rhodey said, appearing next to me.

     "What if we don't find her?" I asked, my voice failing.

     "We will. You can't think like that," he insisted. I swallowed hard.

     "You're right. Come on. Showtime," I said, following him off the jet.

     "What brings you to Wakanda, Captain?" T'Challa asked as we arrived at the group.

     "Well, there seems to have been a break in and we have evidence that they've come here," Steve said, carefully leaving parts out.

     "Evidence?" the girl asked. T'Challa eyed her but said nothing.

     "Uh, well it's complicated," Steve stuttered.

     "Complicated?" T'Challa said.

     "What Steve is trying to say," I said, stepping forward and shifting attention to me, "Someone broke into my Tower in New York and stole an Infinity Stone we had and kidnapped my girlfriend, who happened to be the only one who can touch or control the Stone. She left a compass that points to the Stone's location which is what led us here. The compass has coordinated on it that used to say the Stone was in Greenland and then it said it was in New York-"