Chapter Fifty-Nine

(Tony Stark's Point of View)

     A knock on the door echoed through the room, "Tony? Tony are you up? We're leaving in an hour and we need to prepare," it was Steve. I heard him but I couldn't move, "Tony?"

     "I heard you," I called back half-heartedly. The door creaked open slightly. Steve stepped in and stood by the door. I didn't look at him, just continued to stare at the ceiling like I had for hours. I lay on my back, completely motionless. 

     "Tony, I can't imagine how horrible this is for you," I felt a tightness in my throat and I swallowed hard. 

     "Please, can we not talk about it. Not right now Rogers," I sighed, closing my eyes. 

     "Yeah, no problem," he said. I opened my eyes. He stepped closer to me, holding out his hand to me. I took it and pulled me up from the bed. My muscles were sore and ached but I ignored it. He clapped me on the shoulder before we turned to walk out of the room. The rest of the team was nowhere to be seen. 

     "Where is everyone?" I asked. 

     "They already started on down," Steve said. He turned and led the way down. I wasn't sure where we were going, but at some point, I am sure we dipped underground. 

     "Glad you could join us," Clint called out when we finally went through the last door. 

     "Well if we weren't seven miles and 60 turns underground we'd have been early," Steve called back. I ignored both of them and walked toward where the computers were in the back. My suit and Peter's were back here as requested by T'Challa and Shuri to get the Coms synced together. 

     "These suits are really impressive," Shuri said, appearing next to me. I glanced down at her. 

     "Thanks," I said, but I couldn't help but resent it right now. This was had made her so vulnerable in the first place. 

     "But, I could offer some updates to it-"

     "Shuri!" T'Challa barked. She jumped and looked over, "Hayi ngoku!" he hissed. 

     "Sorry," she hung her head. I could almost feel the elbow Lucy would dig into me right now. 

     "When we come back, I'd love to hear your updates. I'm sure Peter would too," I offered quietly. She looked up and smiled. 

     "It's a plan then, Mr. Stark," she said and popped off. I took a deep breath before reaching for my suit. In my hands, the suit folded in on itself and put itself away in my cuffs on my wrists and ankles. I took Peter's suit and turned to search for him. He was sitting in a corner, wringing his hands together, anxiety clear on his face. I let out a heavy sigh before starting toward him. 

     "Here, you're gonna need this kid," I said, offering his suit out to him. He seemed to snap out of his trance and look up at me. 

     "Thanks, Mr. Stark," he said quietly and took it from me. He held it in his hands, just staring down at it, "Mr. Stark, " he said finally. 

     "Yeah," I replied, already knowing what he was thinking. 

     "We're gonna find her alright, aren't we?" he asked. I swallowed hard and took a breath. 

     "I really hope so," I said honestly. I know that wasn't the answer, he wanted but I couldn't lie to him. That would be worse, "Suit up underoos. You're an Avenger today," I said, mock knighting him with my hand on his shoulders. He stood and walked passed me to put his suit on. When I turned around, I was suffocated by the weight of everything. I sat down on the bench and watched everyone. Steve and Natasha were talking to T'Challa and Okeye, all of them dressed for the fight. Clint, Sam, and Rhodey were talking with Shuri by the screens. Thor was off somewhere, I couldn't see him. Suddenly the bench jerked and I looked over. Bucky sat next to me, more Winter Soldier than Avenger.