Chapter One

Baron Thomas hates people like Cormac Mattis. Cormac Mattis hates people like Baron Thomas.

While Baron was in the punk scene, Cormac was the spoilt brat who everyone adored and loved.

Well, everyone except Baron Thomas, of course.

"There is no way in hell I'm asking Cormac Mattis out," Baron protests, rolling his eyes at his friends.

"Come on Baron, you have to do it!" Watson pleads, giving Baron his famous puppy dog eyes.

"I do not have to do it," Baron snaps as he looks over at his best friend. "I never agreed to this."

It was lunch time at school, and Baron didn't think that he would be spending his lunch period with his friends daring him to date Cormac Mattis, the one person he hated the most. It seemed absolutely ridiculous.

"Do you know how funny it will though?" Watson added. "You're like... the punkest guy at school and he's the bratty guy who's like really rich and everybody only wants to be his friend because he has money."

"This seems kind of cruel though, don't you think?" Emily pipes in.

"What do you mean?" Watson asks as he crosses his arms against his chest.

"You're daring Baron to ask someone out. Do you know how much this could mess with Cormac's feelings?"

"I have to agree with Emily on this, Watson. It does seem pretty cruel," AJ agrees, frowning at his boyfriend.

Emily grins. "See? It's cruel. You can't just go around and mess with someone's feelings like that,"

"Well, if I know Baron Thomas... I know that he can't turn down a dare," Watson smirks.

"You do have a point. I've never been one to turn down a dare," Baron nods in agreement.

"Baron!" Emily exclaims. "You're not seriously going to ask Cormac Mattis out because of a dare?"

"Come on, all I have to do is ask him out. Cormac doesn't like me just like I don't like him... so there's probably a huge chance that he's going to say no," Baron says. "It's just a dare."

"A dare that can hurt someone's- ugh. Why am I friends with you people?" Emily shakes her head.

"Because you love us even when we do make you want to rip your hair out," Watson grins.

"You're lucky I love you boys," Emily grumbles. "Poor Cormac. Doesn't even know what's coming."

"So, when do I have to ask him out and what's my deadline?" Baron asks, looking over at Watson.

"You have two weeks to ask him out and I'm adding a twist... you have to make him fall in love with you,"

"Watson!" Emily hisses, her eyes going wide. "This is so messed up."

"I have to make him fall in love with me? Hell no. That wasn't part of the original dare!" Baron snaps.

"This should be interesting," AJ shakes his head and leans back in his chair.

"Take it or leave it," Watson shrugs. "Who knows? Maybe Baron Thomas will fall in love."

"Oh please. Baron hardly has any emotions-" Emily rolls her eyes.

"Ouch," Baron says. "Though you are right. I'm practically a robot."

"I mean, have any of us ever seen you cry?" AJ asks as he raises his eyebrows.

"Nope, and I plan to keep it that way," Baron says.

"You know, there's nothing wrong with being a little emotional every once in awhile," Emily adds.

Baron rolls his eyes. "This is a pointless conversation we're having right now,"

Emily sighs and then her eyes light up when she sees her best friend, Kaitlyn, walk into the cafeteria.

"And then there were three," Watson says as he watches Emily walk over to Kaitlyn.

"I honestly don't know how she's put up with us for so long," Baron chuckles.

"So, are you going to the party this weekend?" Watson asks Baron.

"Party? What party?" Baron asks as he looks over at Watson.

"Ian and Mark are throwing this massive party at their house this weekend and pretty much everybody from school is going to be there so you have to go. It's year 13 so everybody's trying to see who can throw the biggest and best party," Watson explains.

AJ nods. "Though I think we threw a pretty good party a few weeks ago,"

"Until the cops were calls on us. I hardly made it out alive!" Baron laughs.

After lunch, Baron starts to head towards his locker to grab his books for his next classes, but he's suddenly stopped and grabbed by the arm. Baron turns and is surprised when he sees Emily.

"Hey, what's up?" Baron asks as she pulls him aside.

"You aren't seriously going to do that dare, are you?" Emily asks.

Baron shrugs. "I don't see why not. Why are you so worried about it?" He asks. "It's just a dare."

"Just, be careful? Okay. Feelings are involved with this and I don't want anyone getting hurt," Emily warns. "I know you don't exactly like Cormac Mattis... but don't do anything stupid."